Help for Small Gift(s) for My Son

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Hello, all! I have a 12yo son with Down syndrome who LOVES Jeeps. I homeschool him and his only sibling is in college now so it’s just the two of us riding around most of the time. I ordered a JLU Rubicon in Earl back in December that should arrive this month and my son’s birthday is also this month. I have a “big” gift from him already but I’d like to supplement it with some smaller Jeep-themed things or things for the Jeep. Any ideas? A group of friends gave me a cooler with hats and insulated tumblers (for both my son and me) and a couple of other things on my birthday already, so tumblers and hats are out. We live near the gulf coast in case that’s helpful. The Jeep will have a soft top.

Anyone have some great ideas for me?
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hello, all! I have a 12yo son with Down syndrome who LOVES Jeeps. I homeschool him and his only sibling is in college now so it’s just the two of us riding around most of the time. I ordered a JLU Rubicon in Earl back in December that should arrive this month and my son’s birthday is also this month. I have a “big” gift from him already but I’d like to supplement it with some smaller Jeep-themed things or things for the Jeep. Any ideas? A group of friends gave me a cooler with hats and insulated tumblers (for both my son and me) and a couple of other things on my birthday already, so tumblers and hats are out. We live near the gulf coast in case that’s helpful. The Jeep will have a soft top.

Anyone have some great ideas for me?
Hi, so not sure how much you are looking to spend but there are a lot of options depending on what you are looking for. Axial makes a very cool RC JL.

https://www.amazon.com/Axial-Wrangler-Crawler-Brushed-AXI00002V2T2/dp/B09PC3WDGY/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?crid=28UEDQXB9K8PZ&keywords=jeep+wrangler+jl+rc+car&qid=1677941711&sprefix=jeep+JL+rc,aps,106&sr=8-18

Another option is jeep apparel from jackets to t-shirts. You can check out the following site for official Jeep merch.
https://www.jeep-outfitter.com/en_gb

Then there is Ducks. It’s a controversial option particularly for this site, but my daughters love them. I don’t duck Jeeps but my daughters wanted to, so I bought them both a bag of ducks from etsy. They love them so much that they haven’t been able to bring themselves to duck a vehicle and part with them. I can’t find the original place I ordered from but heres a link to get you started.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1055534683/ducking-starter-pack-rubber-ducks-and?click_key=e58f1b4a9dc250f1ab20d2425ead982e467843a6:1055534683&click_sum=0434e53b&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jeep+ducks&ref=sr_gallery-1-4&organic_search_click=1&from_search=1

Hope this helps.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
How old is he, Not persay jeep theam but nice flashlight. Depending on his abilities binoculars are good for trail watching. Maybe a Hoodie or 2 @EVO MFG ... another good idea is a decal kit for the rear window of what states or trails you hit together and let him track um. Map is his room on where you traveled.

Happy Birthday Son of Andis!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, so not sure how much you are looking to spend but there are a lot of options depending on what you are looking for. Axial makes a very cool RC JL.

https://www.amazon.com/Axial-Wrangler-Crawler-Brushed-AXI00002V2T2/dp/B09PC3WDGY/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?crid=28UEDQXB9K8PZ&keywords=jeep+wrangler+jl+rc+car&qid=1677941711&sprefix=jeep+JL+rc,aps,106&sr=8-18

Another option is jeep apparel from jackets to t-shirts. You can check out the following site for official Jeep merch.

Then there is Ducks. It’s a controversial option particularly for this site, but my daughters love them. I don’t duck Jeeps but my daughters wanted to, so I bought them both a bag of ducks from etsy. They love them so much that they haven’t been able to bring themselves to duck a vehicle and part with them. I can’t find the original place I ordered from but heres a link to get you started.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1055534683/ducking-starter-pack-rubber-ducks-and?click_key=e58f1b4a9dc250f1ab20d2425ead982e467843a6:1055534683&click_sum=0434e53b&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jeep+ducks&ref=sr_gallery-1-4&organic_search_click=1&from_search=1

Hope this helps.
Great point about the ducks, Bill! If not just a gift, it's a constructive activity that I've personally seen young kids really get into. Armed with a bag of ducks, Andi and son can always be on the hunt for Jeeps that they find cool and interesting. At the same time, it does promote a sense of community and togetherness that society is currently suffering from a lack of.

Your post invoked memories of when my wife and I were taking part in the nightly "cruise the strip" gatherings during last year's Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion in Pidgeon Forge, Tennessee. Hundreds of kids, accompanied by their parents of course, lined the strip and were having a blast ducking Jeeps as they crawled by. It was a pleasure to see and be a part of.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I have yet to assemble this but it is on my list of things to do. Could make a great gift for him.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help for Small Gift(s) for My Son image
That was also my first thought. It's a bit involved; took me a few hours (with distractions).

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@AndiS
Having a Matchbox or two on the dash, or elsewhere where your son has easy access to them, adds a nice little flourish.

OP
OP
AndiS

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the ideas! He got an RC Jeep for Christmas this year - different from the one you linked but still a Wrangler. He has gone through several large RC trucks because he loves them but also drives them hard. I’ll save the link for a later gift occasion once he kills the one he has. 😂

Apparel is a great idea! I’m going to do that for sure. I also think he would like the ducks/ducking. We popped into a small local Jeep Jam last summer and he carried his Jurassic Park Jeep around with him while we were there - a few people ducked it, which I thought was sweet - so he knows what ducking is.

OP
OP
AndiS

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
@AndiS
Having a Matchbox or two on the dash, or elsewhere where your son has easy access to them, adds a nice little flourish.
Oh, I’m sure this will be the case - he has HUNDREDS of Hot Wheels and Matchbox vehicles, including many Jeeps. Maybe I can scrounge up a few new ones.

OP
OP
AndiS

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I have yet to assemble this but it is on my list of things to do. Could make a great gift for him.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help for Small Gift(s) for My Son image
He got a Monster Jam Grave Digger set similar to this awhile back. I’ll see if I can find it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AndiS

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
How old is he, Not persay jeep theam but nice flashlight. Depending on his abilities binoculars are good for trail watching. Maybe a Hoodie or 2 @EVO MFG ... another good idea is a decal kit for the rear window of what states or trails you hit together and let him track um. Map is his room on where you traveled.

Happy Birthday Son of Andis!
He has SO many flashlights but binoculars are an idea. He usually uses his dad’s when we go places to see stuff (he especially likes using them at Auburn football games 😂). These are fun ideas - thank you.

OP
OP
AndiS

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Have him give the Jeep a nickname and then get custom stickers made for the hood to replace the Rubicon stickers.
Oh, that’s fun! He might enjoy that!

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
amazon.com/gp/product/B0B5DFCJ2D
^^ I have this and enjoyed assembling it 😁

amazon.com/gp/product/B07NZYGJNL
^^ My friend got me this & I adore it because it looks just like the one I ordered! I don't see Earl, but maybe you can get a white one and your son can paint it?

Also lots of other Jeep vehicle toys.

If he's into ducking, Maybe you could put together a "duck decorating" kit, or give the components individually. (Permanent markers, fabric scraps, etc.) He could make some extra-cool ducks to give to extra-cool Jeeps.

A hat, hoodie, or t-shirt? Jeep and Life is Good have a variety of choices, but I know some kids love clothing gifts, and others detest them.

I've been trying to find a branded backpack or even duffel bag for myself, but they all seem to be diaper bags and/or way too expensive. (I'm also thinking I would not have liked to get a backpack as a gift when I was kid...)

If he's into posters, I'm sure you can find lots of those.

Maybe a book, movie, or TV series with Jeeps? I know there are a lot.

I don't know how "giftable" they are, but there are lots of printable Jeep fold-up projects online (Some of these cost, some are free. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jeep+origami+printable&iax=images&ia=images .) There are printable posters, too, actually. I think they look especially good if you have a laminator.

I hope he has a great birthday!
Sponsored

Last edited: