Hello from Germany —- US and EU model differences

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Well, talking about TÜV may be twisty - but if its not too wild (long arm and coilovers with frame welding) - a lot is still possible.
I know for sure that for the JKS 2.5 and 3.5 there is TÜV available.
Further for wheels I have to order 1 in addition and get a destructive load report, and then special TÜV shall be possible.
in regards of 37s: 1. yes 12.5 wide. There are quite some already having 315-70-17 TÜV approved, this is already more than 5% I guess, so why not? Sure I will do a Tazer fix for the wheels. and then see it.

steel bumper & parking sensors front: Its not possible to remount these to a steel bumper? Even if I add the holes for it?

I am not sure if I want to order a new one and wait for months.
currently I am checking 2019 JLUR's with tow package, leather, heated seats, tech package (LED, keyless) and a freedom hard top instead of soft top - this lists at 61.760€ (without the front collision and ACC)

I am living in 78606 Seitingen - in 80 km south of Stuttgart.
I don't see why it would not work to just drill new holes for the sensor. Though, I remember retro-fitting my US passat was a pain in the ass. The front sensors were always getting randomly stuck on.
I would imagine you would get a better deal to buy something already on the lot. I am not sure how well the Wrangler is really selling, given it's stupidly high price. I never imagined I would ever need to pay that much for a freakin Wrangler.
One thing that is annoying is the total lack or storage space for things your Phone. Without the AUX switches there is a pocket there, but I dont know if it can fit a phone or not. They need to come up with a drawer under the seats like a Skoda.
Also a point is that the "online" service in Germany is complete and total shit. Because FIAT cannot figure out how to comply with the data protection law, there are ZERO features.
No find my car. No remote start. No remote status... nothing at all.
You cannot even check for a uConnect update by yourself because the uconnect EU website doesn't work and never will apparently.
You have to take it to a dealer to check against the VIN.
But...you can "check in" with Facebook!!! WOW!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

simrokkzz

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat + Focus ST
This does sound as what I would expect Fiat to do ...
And you are right, it’s a lot do money the ask, total buchering the icon status of a Jeep.

So let’s see