First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Stopped by a Central Florida Jeep dealership today to pick up some goodies for my 4xe. Was able to check out the 392 they had on the floor.

Good golly is that hood heavy! It must be the scoop et. all because it has some serious weight VS the standard hoods.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Stopped by a Central Florida Jeep dealership today to pick up some goodies for my 4xe. Was able to check out the 392 they had on the floor.

Good golly is that hood heavy! It must be the scoop et. all because it has some serious weight VS the standard hoods.
392 has a heavier hood then the JL Mojave's which is also quite heavy.

Yes, the 392 hood, is so much heavier then a regular JL hood, that forum sponsor @Redline Tuning uses gas springs for their 392 QuickLIFT System that are 50% stronger then for other JL models excluding the Mojave......

For the Mojave, the Redline Tuning QuickLIFT System uses 25% stronger then other JL models, excluding the 392.

Heavy hooded 392 or Mojave or just a regular weight JL hood.... for any JL hood, the QuickLIFT System offered by Redline Tuning is a terrific addition......

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-struts-5-minute-bolt-in-installation.47632/

392 specific:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...able-specifically-for-the-wrangler-392.72500/

Last edited:

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU

The different hoods apparently do vary greatly in weight. I've been adding random weights to it, and now regret that I haven't kept track.

Maybe ask @RedLine Tuning. They have different pistons for each hood, which should require knowledge of the lifting strength required for each, but I haven't been able to get any definitive answers from them regarding the weights.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC

It’s heavy as hell, it’s hot as hell if you’ve been driving more than 5 minutes, and it’s near impossible to find and move the latch to open the hood! It has me rethinking a battery connect air compressor, as after a day of off-roading I will need asbestos gloves to open the hood!