heated seats: update in post #8

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
couple weekends ago, I removed my seats to install my neoprene seat covers: whilst doing so, I noticed that there appears to be somewhat of a circulatory system in the seats.
I had the dealer pay for heated seats as part of my purchase deal, so they had an aftermarket company install them...could that be the tubing filled with liquid or are they electric & the gubment is spying on me?
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Umm, heated seats are electrical.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Do your aftermarket seats have a cooling feature? If so this may be the guts of the thermo-electric device airflow route.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Do your aftermarket seats have a cooling feature? If so this may be the guts of the thermo-electric device airflow route.
no, no cooling: picture to come, just stuffed phone under seats in a couple places
Jeep Wrangler JL heated seats: update in post #8 IMG_5679
Jeep Wrangler JL heated seats: update in post #8 IMG_5683

Sponsored

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
couple weekends ago, I removed my seats to install my neoprene seat covers: whilst doing so, I noticed that there appears to be somewhat of a circulatory system in the seats.
I had the dealer pay for heated seats as part of my purchase deal, so they had an aftermarket company install them...could that be the tubing filled with liquid or are they electric & the gubment is spying on me?
Don't worry; there's nothing in the area that comes in contact with your seat on which "the gubment" wants any detailed information.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Don't worry; there's nothing in the area that comes in contact with your seat on which "the gubment" wants any detailed information.
no worries on that end of things, just saw the stuff when installing my seat covers & wondered what they were for..turns out whatever liquid filled tubing is there is not part of the heating system as they (roadwire) are all electric as well

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
after a fair amount of digging, I found this in a cherokee thread from '14..sounds like I found the answer, now just wondering on what the fluid is that wouldn't be affected by heat or cold (you'd think that heat would increase the pressure in the bladder due to expansion of the liquid, same for cold reducing the pressure)..perhaps the ambient temperature is figured into the calculations for weight of occupant & therefore force of air bag deployment?

"..Designed to classify the occupant seated in the front passenger seat for potential airbag suppression, PODS-B classifies the seat as empty or the occupant as an adult or infant/child. The system uses the pressure inside a fluid-filled bladder to classify the occupant. An electronic control unit processes the data and provides a deployment-allowed output to the vehicle?s airbag controller when the defined threshold is met..."

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
after a fair amount of digging, I found this in a cherokee thread from '14..sounds like I found the answer, now just wondering on what the fluid is that wouldn't be affected by heat or cold (you'd think that heat would increase the pressure in the bladder due to expansion of the liquid, same for cold reducing the pressure)..perhaps the ambient temperature is figured into the calculations for weight of occupant & therefore force of air bag deployment?

"..Designed to classify the occupant seated in the front passenger seat for potential airbag suppression, PODS-B classifies the seat as empty or the occupant as an adult or infant/child. The system uses the pressure inside a fluid-filled bladder to classify the occupant. An electronic control unit processes the data and provides a deployment-allowed output to the vehicle?s airbag controller when the defined threshold is met..."
Is it something to do with Lumbar support in the seat maybe?