Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
AlphaOBD for pc is more powerful then the android/iphone app, so I have read. I have tried to enable setting with AlphaOBD and Jscan, either have work so far.
His reply:

pretty much everything I enabled
Memory Seat Present
Rear Heated Seats Present
Front Vented Seats Present
Heated Steering Wheel Present (mentioned twice in the list)
Heated Seat Material Type
Heated Wheel Material Type
Front Heated Seats Present
Front Vented Seats Present
Heated Seat Present
Sponsored

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I have question..

I plan to buy PRP seats for my Jeep and I have the cold weather package with the heated seats and steering wheel. Can I remove the heating element from the stock seats and retrofit them into the PRP seats so I can keep the stock buttons and functions and have heated seats in my aftermarket seats? I would prefer this over the $165 PRP option to keep it functioning as stock.

What does the OEM heating element look like in the stock leather seats? It would have to be a two piece setup to work with Enduro Elite seats.

I also plan to run bucket seats in the rear, but I was just going to buy the heated option for thatā€¦. But $660 is a little rough for all the seats to be heated and to completely lose the OEM function and go all with custom buttons.

rhill2901

First Name
Nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
lol they really really just want you to buy the packages when you buy your jeep, well sometimes you want basic.... then a few months later you want all the stuff you didnt get haha!
Actually, its funner, and a conversation piece later on when someone asks about your jeep. Once bitten, the mod'n bug has no cure.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I have question..

I plan to buy PRP seats for my Jeep and I have the cold weather package with the heated seats and steering wheel. Can I remove the heating element from the stock seats and retrofit them into the PRP seats so I can keep the stock buttons and functions and have heated seats in my aftermarket seats? I would prefer this over the $165 PRP option to keep it functioning as stock.

What does the OEM heating element look like in the stock leather seats? It would have to be a two piece setup to work with Enduro Elite seats.

I also plan to run bucket seats in the rear, but I was just going to buy the heated option for thatā€¦. But $660 is a little rough for all the seats to be heated and to completely lose the OEM function and go all with custom buttons.

Yes, it's two pads (bottom and back) in each seat along with the occupant sensors. There's nothing you can't strip down and transfer over that I'm aware of.

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Yes, it's two pads (bottom and back) in each seat along with the occupant sensors. There's nothing you can't strip down and transfer over that I'm aware of.
Thanks, kinda what I was thinking also.

my plan is to run the stock heated seat elements up front and the aftermarket PRP heating elements in the rear with aftermarket switches in the center console in back for control for the rear passengers.

I will probably just order new OEM one for the front and not pull them out of the current front seats, so I can sell them with everything still together as factory. Will just have to figure out the airbag plug and seatbelt etc.. to try to keep lights off the dash.

I also plan to run the PRP Summit seats that donā€™t have the reclining option.The option is really not need in my setup with the custom cage, I can only recline the seats back set distance anyways. I just want to keep the heated seats and add the rear, as we run without the top on most of the year.

these are my plan.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?! B6C6D33D-D6C2-45A3-B075-684B8576D88A

Sponsored

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Thanks, kinda what I was thinking also.

my plan is to run the stock heated seat elements up front and the aftermarket PRP heating elements in the rear with aftermarket switches in the center console in back for control for the rear passengers.

I will probably just order new OEM one for the front and not pull them out of the current front seats, so I can sell them with everything still together as factory. Will just have to figure out the airbag plug and seatbelt etc.. to try to keep lights off the dash.

I also plan to run the PRP Summit seats that donā€™t have the reclining option.The option is really not need in my setup with the custom cage, I can only recline the seats back set distance anyways. I just want to keep the heated seats and add the rear, as we run without the top on most of the year.

these are my plan.

B6C6D33D-D6C2-45A3-B075-684B8576D88A.jpeg
I have the full set for both seats in the front and the harness. Happy to sell them to you. Ended up with them after sourcing a full set of leather seats with them already installed.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Keep us posted. Take pics. I haven't had the chance to investigate any further, and I'm trying to figure out how much of the physical hardware I would need.
For anyone wondering: I learned from a buddy who is a tech- I have leather seats, no heating elements. You can pop open the back cover of the seat on the rear bottom and look for the wires, apparently. Took him 5 seconds because he knew what he was looking for. Not surprising as I didn't seem to have the box under the driver dash, either.
So, if I go heated, looks like I'll be doing it aftermarket.

rhill2901

First Name
Nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have added heated seats to a 2019 Wrangler JL Sport base model. Had to custom make my harness to the seat module under the steering wheel, and added oem seat heaters and steering wheel. All functional now. Had some hiccups on the way, but overall, not to hard.

Last edited:

ossumposum

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler,'00 Cherokee,'79 Wagoneer,'54 Willys
I have added heated seats to a 2019 Wrangler JL Sport base model. Had to custom make my harness to the seat module under the steering wheel, and added oem seat heaters and steering wheel. All functional now. Had some hiccups on the way, but overall, not to hard.
Are you gonna share how? Or just brag about doing something many of us have tried and tried to do to no avail, without any proof?
šŸ§

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD

ossumposum

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler,'00 Cherokee,'79 Wagoneer,'54 Willys
I have done it too! Rick @RAMSTEEL has a thread with the instructions. Building the harness is the hardest part.

Gregj

Edit: link to the thread. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ring-wheel-it-can-be-done.93621/#post-2128420
šŸ«” thank you! Iā€™ve scoured this forum and not sure why itā€™s so hard to find info on the module that doesnā€™t lead to a dead end. Trying to get my sport as close as I can to an OEM rubicon. Heated seats are one of the most important features up here. šŸ„¶

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
okay so they say you cant add factory heated seats AFTER you buy your jeep well they also said I couldn't upgrade my radio to the Uconnect 7" and have my climate controls also work...... proved them wrong. They also said I couldn't add the factory AUX switches and factory remote start..... done and done! my last task is the heated seats and steering wheel. I have found all that parts I think I need.... Heated wheel, heated seat pads, the module everything plugs into.... my issue is i have zero idea where this module factory location is. can anyone lead me in the correct direction? and yes I already have the center stack that has the heated seat buttons (upgraded this when I upgraded my radio to the 7") Any help would be sooooo amazing!
Are you getting all parts new? Or what's the source? I have added aftermarket heated seats and they just put new buttons on next to the shifter. But I would love to add heated steering wheel and have oem heat buttons for seats and steering.
Sponsored