Heated LED JL Headlight Kit?

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
After my first snow storm I have decided that I need heated headlights. the factory mopar LEDs do not put out enough (any?)
heat to melt the snow, and the grill around the headlight just lets it fill up.

I know JW Speaker had some nice ones at SEMA this year, but not available yet.
Has anyone installed similar?

thanks!
Sponsored

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
I have been waiting for the same and search once a week for them. Can you find any information on the ones coming out from JW?

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have heated trucklites that I am currently trying to figure out. I got the morimoto adapters, lights come on but I lose low beams after 1 minute and have to restart the jeep with the switch on to get them back. Wait for the JW speaker evo J 3's, they look badass and come with smart heat.

20190118_153903.jpg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I have heated trucklites that I am currently trying to figure out. I got the morimoto adapters, lights come on but I lose low beams after 1 minute and have to restart the jeep with the switch on to get them back. Wait for the JW speaker evo J 3's, they look badass and come with smart heat.

20190118_153903.jpg
Quadrotech had about 3 or 4 vendors that make them with a heated element in the lens check out their site...I know because I recently purchased something from them and they sent me their catalogue.

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Quadrotech had about 3 or 4 vendors that make them with a heated element in the lens check out their site...I know because I recently purchased something from them and they sent me their catalogue.
Nice, thanks. I see 2 models available on their site. JW Speaker, and Quadrotech made by JW speaker for about 1/2 the price without the bluetooth connection from the phone with "party mode".

These are probably the JW speakers that folks are waiting for.

Though these are both 7" replacements for a 9" light.
I wonder if a set of rugged ridge headlight guards would cover the gap.

I'm going to keep researching. Thanks for the pointer.

Sponsored

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited V6
Any updates with this? In a recent snowstorm at night my lights got completely covered, super annoying!

I love my factory LEDs and don't want to swap out for another set of LEDs, does anyone know of anything else we can put on the headlights to heat it up?? I was hoping someone made a cover with wire elements running through them that could be placed over top the existing lights

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
After three years of existence and the safety implications of this issue, you’d think there a would be more discussion and options out there. The JW Speakers seem to be one of the few options for now. I suppose having to bite the bullet and get new headlights is the only way for now.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have the Quadratec ones (made by JW Speakers). I've only been in one bad snowstorm and they worked great. When I got out, my off road lights had an inch of snow on them and the headlights were clear. Highly recommend them. My Jeep didn't come with LED's and the new lights would flash off for a second when I put my high beams on and off. I had to change it over to LED with my tazer and then it worked great.

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
A buddy has the JW Speaker LEDs for his JK and absolutely loves them.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing