TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
On Friday my wife was involved in a accident at witch she is at fault. The Mini Van she hit was stopped to take a left hand turn and she saw them stop but could not stop in time. My wife and the driver of the van are ok but I am heart broken. I dropped her off at the body shop today and he told me he has done 3 in similar collisions and they all needed frames. Now here is the bad part due to the availability of parts most are now just being totaled due to increased scrap value. Something is definitely bent as the steering all messed up and the wheel is not centered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Heart Broken 44D4CEF7-62C9-4AA5-9182-687D831D09E9
Jeep Wrangler JL Heart Broken B541736D-3C77-4CD5-BD69-29E35C90C466

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Definitely hate to see that but glad everyone is ok. It's a shame it is a Mojito. Here's hoping it can be recovered....

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
If they total it, request a price to purchase it yourself. Take a look at the numbers and see if it's worth it. You may be able to fix her and pocket some cash for upgrades or whatever. Just Thank God for the safety of everyone...that's most important.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not like any color they have right now as much as Mojito :(
[/QUOTE]

I completely agree although I did just give up my '19 Mojito for a '21 Hydro Blue. Really sad about losing the color as it is my favorite Jeep color but really wanted the 4xe and they don't come in Mojito.

With such a limited number of them, it would be a shame to lose one because of an accident.

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If they total it, request a price to purchase it yourself. Take a look at the numbers and see if it's worth it. You may be able to fix her and pocket some cash for upgrades or whatever. Just Thank God for the safety of everyone...that's most important.
Again due to the high cost of salvage right now it may not be worth it. My buddy who runs the body shop just sold a 2010 with a bad tranny for 22k. only time will tell

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
On Friday my wife was involved in a accident at witch she is at fault. The Mini Van she hit was stopped to take a left hand turn and she saw them stop but could not stop in time. My wife and the driver of the van are ok but I am heart broken. I dropped her off at the body shop today and he told me he has done 3 in similar collisions and they all needed frames. Now here is the bad part due to the availability of parts most are now just being totaled due to increased scrap value. Something is definitely bent as the steering all messed up and the wheel is not centered.
Don't let them total it without showing you the "bent frame" or getting a second opinion. A simple bent tie rod could be causing what you describe.

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I do not like any color they have right now as much as Mojito :(
I completely agree although I did just give up my '19 Mojito for a '21 Hydro Blue. Really sad about losing the color as it is my favorite Jeep color but really wanted the 4xe and they don't come in Mojito.

With such a limited number of them, it would be a shame to lose one because of an accident.
[/QUOTE]
there seems to be more 4XE's around here than anything else, how has it been to you?

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there seems to be more 4XE's around here than anything else, how has it been to you?
[/QUOTE]

Just got it the first week in July and only have about 700 miles on it but it is doing better than my 2.0t was on performance, distance on a tank of gas, and combined MPG. Really happy with it so far.

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got it the first week in July and only have about 700 miles on it but it is doing better than my 2.0t was on performance, distance on a tank of gas, and combined MPG. Really happy with it so far.
[/QUOTE]
What where you getting in the 2L? I'm at 20.2 MPG in mine!

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was at 23.5 overall average. This includes a few off-roading trips around Colorado (Ouray, Leadville, St Elmo's etc). I am getting over 27 combined MPG on the 4xe already and just going up everyday.

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was at 23.5 overall average. This includes a few off-roading trips around Colorado (Ouray, Leadville, St Elmo's etc). I am getting over 27 combined MPG on the 4xe already and just going up everyday.
WOW that is amazing

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
WOW that is amazing
wow, I'm hovering around 12-13 mpg on my 2.0 with stock tires and a mopar lift. I think most of it is that the speed limits around me are 70 mph and we have bad head winds. The gobi rack also doesn't help:CWL:
Sponsored