First Name
Miah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon, Infiniti M35x.
Occupation
Cryogenic’s
Has anyone had a headlight fail? It just went dead, like there’s an electrical issue. If this has happened, what was the issue?

I know I’ll be taking a trip to the dealership, just curious if anyone else had this happen..?
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Has anyone had a headlight fail? It just went dead, like there’s an electrical issue. If this has happened, what was the issue?

I know I’ll be taking a trip to the dealership, just curious if anyone else had this happen..?
Halogen or LED?
Is just one headlight out? Did you check the connection to the bulb?

Did you try switching the bulbs?

OP
OP
MKB

MKB

First Name
Miah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cryogenic’s
She’s a JL so I’m guessing LED. It’s definitely not the bulb because there isn’t a high beam. Someone told me they can detach if your out hardcore wheeling which I was during the day. I went to the car wash & home. Seen another “jeeper” he waved & I read his lips saying “dude your headlight is out.” I’m still in panic mode. Detached the battery thinking maybe I needed a 10sec restart, which didn’t work.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
She’s a JL so I’m guessing LED. It’s definitely not the bulb because there isn’t a high beam. Someone told me they can detach if your out hardcore wheeling which I was during the day. I went to the car wash & home. Seen another “jeeper” he waved & I read his lips saying “dude your headlight is out.” I’m still in panic mode. Detached the battery thinking maybe I needed a 10sec restart, which didn’t work.
Panic mode? it's a headlight....they'll fix it...

OP
OP
MKB

MKB

First Name
Miah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cryogenic’s
Panic mode? it's a headlight....they'll fix it...
I’m sorry, do you live in NY state? Keep your comment to yourself. My Jeep cost $51 at the check out & I’m not trying to spend anymore. From your pics you maybe spent $38, so watch your mouth.

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
I’m sorry, do you live in NY state? Keep your comment to yourself. My Jeep cost $51 at the check out & I’m not trying to spend anymore. From your pics you maybe spent $38, so watch your mouth.
Damn dude.....I suggest you ask your husband to look at it. You are freaked out about a head light. It is called a warranty. Take it in and they will get it fixed. Don't act all high and mighty cause you paid more for your Jeep than another person....then again this may be a trait of living in NY State.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Well his answer is correct. It’s a new Jeep. If a headlight just stopped working , it’s covered in the warranty.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I live in the People's Republic of NJ, and frequently drive in NY state. Yes, you can and may get pulled over for that. Though my experience with NY State Troopers is that if you're not a petulant child, they'll give you a warning, and won't ticket you unless they catch you again a few days later. Source: my perpetually broken old BMW, which I've since divested from.

You'll find the same is true on this forum. A childish "watch your mouth," coupled with pretending the price of your rig being high somehow invalidates opinions, seems unlikely to endear you to others.

Bring it in, get it fixed quick. It's probably just a loose coupling.

As for @grady2hig, you've been holding out on us! How'd you get a Rubi for so cheap?! The rest of us are in the $45k - $55k range, and you got one for $38k?! Share your secret, miracle worker! :giggle::cwl::blush:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Damn dude.....I suggest you ask your husband to look at it. You are freaked out about a head light. It is called a warranty. Take it in and they will get it fixed. Don't act all high and mighty cause you paid more for your Jeep than another person....then again this may be a trait of living in NY State.

We’re generally preoccupied but polite.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Yeah he was just helping out. Usually Jeep guys don’t panic over a headlight not working, that’s out of your control and a warranty issue. Or get your hands a little dirty and check the wiring and connections. No need to jump on someone, very hard to convey tone through typed words. And i gotta say I have a JKU and a JLUR on order and I have taken plenty of advice from guys with TJ, YJ and guys with base models, I venture to say most guys here with regular JLs know more about their rig than the yuppie that panics about a headlight.

Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Well, you can measure your tallywhacker with a $1 bill or a $100 bill, but it'll still be just as short.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Your headlights will only be LED if you upgraded to the LED package. It would be listed on your window sticker under options. The Rubicon comes standard with halogens. If you have a halo ring around the headlight then they are LED, if no halo ring then they are Halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs can easily be replaced if it’s blown. With LED you’d have to replace the entire light if it’s bad.

Probably best to have dealer diagnose the problem.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Whoa.....chill. Mature some and have some respect.

OP
OP
MKB

MKB

First Name
Miah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cryogenic’s
Has Incan see negativity breeds negativity. I initially started this thread asking for advice. Some dudes post was petty & yes it was petty of me to reply back. What’s your reason for getting into this forum to post your negative responses? In 6mths this will be the 3rd “electrical-ish” issue I’ve had & at 7k I didn’t expect any. So please folks, I made the mistake of answering aggressively but I’d never down play another persons emotions. No good advice, then please don’t respond.

OP
OP
MKB

MKB

First Name
Miah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cryogenic’s
Sorry for the fat finger on some of the words, but you get where I’m going with this
Sponsored