Harbor Freight Compressor to the Rescue

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Smittybilt 2781 is the best budget compressor on the market in my opinion. 5.65 cfm, more than double the viar for $165. Airs our 37’s from 12 psi to 30 psi in less than 2 minutes. Used it hundreds of times over the last decade on tires up to 42”. Had to replace the hose once, and the bag died after ~8 years, but the compressor is still going strong. And 40 psi is way too high for me, pot holes must feel like hitting curbs at speed.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
X2, love this little workhorse, it gets hot as hell so you have to be careful when storing it after some long fills (so it doesn't melt the air hose). But this compressor is truly a "best bang for the buck".
It airs up my 295/70/17s from 18 to 32lbs in about 2 minutes per tire and can fill up 10 to 12 tires before the duty cycle is up.
Great deal at tirerack.com FWIW
https://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=2709
One trick I used to do is spill a little water on the head to cool it off while I was using it and then again at the end because you can easily get 2nd degree burns off that puppy... lol.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Too late for that my friend :) You will learn on this forum you don't get to decide how, where or when your thread gets derailed... lol.

I found 32 to be the sweet spot on those crappy KO2 tires for daily driving based on chalk tests and airing down to 12-15 psi when off roading on non-beadlocked rims.
I'm shocked you don't have a lot of play or wander at 40 psi.

Also if you are only airing down to 25 psi you are plenty fine to drive plenty of miles at highway speeds to a gas station to air up. I run my Cooper STT Pros at 26 psi for daily driving.

My work is done here, I've completely ignored the intent of your original post and offered you advice you didn't ask for. If I can be of any other help just PM on any new threads you start.
Slightly derailing more what size are your coopers? I’m getting the same ones at the end of the week (37”) and will need to figure out pressure.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Slightly derailing more what size are your coopers? I’m getting the same ones at the end of the week (37”) and will need to figure out pressure.
37x12.5x17 - I run them around 27 psi on the street and around 9 psi off road.

OP
OP
mbspark

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
37x12.5x17 - I run them around 27 psi on the street and around 9 psi off road.
Do you run the tazer for the TPMS for pressure that low?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
One trick I used to do is spill a little water on the head to cool it off while I was using it and then again at the end because you can easily get 2nd degree burns off that puppy... lol.
I started doing that because I got tired of waiting to put my Viair 440p into the nylon bag. Just keep an old water bottle nearby. I usually still wait a couple of minutes and then use the water hoping it won’t crack anything.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you run the tazer for the TPMS for pressure that low?
I just turn off the TPMS sensors with the Tazer since whatever sensor came mounted inside the beadlocks are crap. In my wife's Jeep I used the Tazer to set the TPMS sensors to what I wanted.