Halogen to LED question

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Hey I just upgraded all the lights on my JLUR from halogens to LEDs, I got the oracle bi-led head lights and smoked rear tail lights and the quake smoked LED sequential drls in the fenders

I was expecting to need a dealer flash for it all to work, but they all worked right away

im wondering if anyone knows if I still need the flash because maybe the new lights might burn out if the amount of power being sent to them is too much since the car thinks they are halogens or something like that

if Anyone can shed some light on this that’d be great
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
If you are not getting any “bulb out” warnings in the dash you are good to go.
Gregj

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Hey I just upgraded all the lights on my JLUR from halogens to LEDs, I got the oracle bi-led head lights and smoked rear tail lights and the quake smoked LED sequential drls in the fenders

I was expecting to need a dealer flash for it all to work, but they all worked right away

im wondering if anyone knows if I still need the flash because maybe the new lights might burn out if the amount of power being sent to them is too much since the car thinks they are halogens or something like that

if Anyone can shed some light on this that’d be great
Cost?

OP
OP

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m in Canada so they’d be cheaper if you’re in the states, but I got the headlights for $500 and the tail lights and fender lights were both around $400

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I’m in Canada so they’d be cheaper if you’re in the states, but I got the headlights for $500 and the tail lights and fender lights were both around $400
Thanks
I'm looking at Oracal bulbs.
Haven't decided.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
I'm looking at Oracal bulbs.
Haven't decided.
I’m very happy with them, super bright and easy install, the only ones that gave me a tough time were the fender lights, they’re kind of a pain

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’m very happy with them, super bright and easy install, the only ones that gave me a tough time were the fender lights, they’re kind of a pain
I'd be looking at doing this potentially when/if :( mine ever arrives. Can you link the ones you've purchased and installed?

OP
OP

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
No dealer flash is necessary. The Oracle and quake lights you’re using have built in resistors so they draw the same power as halogens and the CPU is none the wiser.

been running the same setup up front for almost a year and am very happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
In some jurisdictions (Canada being one of them), they have Daytime Running Light requirements. The DRLs in Canadian vehicles come from the factory using a quick shut-off/on method. When I installed the Oracles, they worked fine when the lights were on normally, but there was a noticeable flicker when just the DRLs were running. There is nothing wrong with the light, just the setup.

I used JScan to use the signal lights as DRLs instead and it fixed the issue. You can also set up the headlights to come on fully (as DRLs). This means that you will always have your headlights on, which may come in handy in tunnels/bad weather.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Cool. Thanks. Any chance you want to tell me the which Canadian site you ordered from since...well, I'm Canadian 😋
I bought them from my local 4WP store in Calgary. There are some local in the GTA as well. You can also look at JustJeeps for Canadian orders.

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In some jurisdictions (Canada being one of them), they have Daytime Running Light requirements. The DRLs in Canadian vehicles come from the factory using a quick shut-off/on method. When I installed the Oracles, they worked fine when the lights were on normally, but there was a noticeable flicker when just the DRLs were running. There is nothing wrong with the light, just the setup.

I used JScan to use the signal lights as DRLs instead and it fixed the issue. You can also set up the headlights to come on fully (as DRLs). This means that you will always have your headlights on, which may come in handy in tunnels/bad weather.
Yeah, I def like the look of the signals as the DRL's and would like to get that set up for sure. I was potentially thinking of using the Oracle Switchbacks for that :
https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...k-bulb-pair?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2021

I may just PM you to get an idea of your full setup rather than take over this thread :P
Sponsored