Sponsored

Halogen to LED DRL - Do I need a dealer code?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
If you are not going to use the “Live” features of the Tazer the JSCAN app is a cheaper alternative. Unless there has been a recent change the dealer will not be able to make them work (re the led turn signals).

Gregj
Sponsored

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just installed my OEM drl led lights and brought it to the dealer to reprogram the BCM and they are working properly!
I take that back
After I had the BCM reprogrammed my drl worked fine until yesterday
All of the sudden I started getting a message in my dash about light bulb being out

OP
OP
ZgsProduct

ZgsProduct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1987 YJ
I take that back
All of the sudden I started getting a message in my dash about light bulb being out
I'm thinking we might need to install some resistors because I'm having the issue still :/

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I take that back
See my above reply about the dealer not being able to help with getting the LED's to work. Just get a programmer and fix it your self.
I'm thinking we might need to install some resistors because I'm having the issue still :/
I have not seen anyone try to use a resister with OEM LED's, might work, might not. Just seems easier to get a programmer and fixing it for good without a resister.

Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZgsProduct

ZgsProduct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1987 YJ
See my above reply about the dealer not being able to help with getting the LED's to work. Just get a programmer and fix it your self.

I have not seen anyone try to use a resister with OEM LED's, might work, might not. Just seems easier to get a programmer and fixing it for good without a resister.

Gregj
Greg, you 100% sure that the Tazer will get rid of the hyperflash & dash error saying the turn signal is out? Thought I read a couple threads where people said they still had the issue

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
Greg, you 100% sure that the Tazer will get rid of the hyperflash & dash error saying the turn signal is out? Thought I read a couple threads where people said they still had the issue
The Tazer will absolutely correct hyper-flash and dash errors.. resistors will not work (at least they didn't for me) I purchased a Tazer JL but if I was purchasing again a Taser Mini would be my choice

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have used the Tazer on my wife's Rubi with 100% success. I have used the JScan app on my Sport with 100% success. Others have used the FlashCal with 100% success.

Gregj

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
The Tazer will absolutely correct hyper-flash and dash errors.. resistors will not work (at least they didn't for me) I purchased a Tazer JL but if I was purchasing again a Taser Mini would be my choice
Which tazer did you get?
I just bought one it’s the tazer lite but I’m not sure if this one would make my drl lights to work properly

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Which tazer did you get?
I just bought one it’s the tazer lite but I’m not sure if this one would make my drl lights to work properly
Tazer Lite will not work for this change. Need at least the mini. @Alasek I believe you can send your Lite to Zautomotive and get upgraded to a Mini. Here is features list by model.

Jeep Wrangler JL Halogen to LED DRL - Do I need a dealer code? C03CA934-6AD5-44A2-88E8-DB00AC032CF0

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
Tazer Lite will not work for this change. Need at least the mini. @Alasek I believe you can send your Lite to Zautomotive and get upgraded to a Mini. Here is features list by model.

Jeep Wrangler JL Halogen to LED DRL - Do I need a dealer code? C03CA934-6AD5-44A2-88E8-DB00AC032CF0
As noted on the last line of the above chart, the Mini can be upgraded via a software key - I think that can be accomplished remotely as are the firmware updates

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
As noted on the last line of the above chart, the Mini can be upgraded via a software key - I think that can be accomplished remotely as are the firmware updates
Would be easier remote for sure :like:
Sponsored