Eldude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara unlimited
Hello

I have a 2020 wrangler Sahara and I am replacing the headlights with led . I have RGB halos and a wire that comes off of them for the power for the halo . My question is they gave me a fuse plug with a 10amp fuse. And it says to wire to acc . My question is what fuse location can I use for this 10 amp connection? I see a cigar open fuse slot but it’s 20 amp
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I believe for example that Oracle has you put the fuse tap on the 20 amp cigar lighter ( F52) and that allows their halos to controlled with the ignition being on or off but if yours is telling you to fuse it to a 10 amp that a pretty big difference so who makes your halos ?

OP
OP
Eldude

Eldude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara unlimited
I believe for example that Oracle has you put the fuse tap on the 20 amp cigar lighter ( F52) and that allows their halos to controlled with the ignition being on or off but if yours is telling you to fuse it to a 10 amp that a pretty big difference so who makes your halos ?
So they are the RGB halos for led factory mart.. assume you can’t put that 10 amp in a 20? But I think her fog halos gunna have to be wired to so that would mean I could use that tap with 2 10 amp for a total of 20 amp??

am I thinking correctly?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

assume you can’t put that 10 amp in a 20?
No. However, you should be able to use the 10 amp fuse in the fuse tap with the original 20 amp fuse. Just put the original fuse in the bottom slot and new 10 amp fuse in the top slot..

But I think her fog halos gunna have to be wired to so that would mean I could use that tap with 2 10 amp for a total of 20 amp??

am I thinking correctly?
You cannot simply replace the existing 20 amp fuse with 2 10 amp fuses. The fuse tap still requires the use of the original fuse. You will need a 2nd tap for the fogs. Most people use F52, F57 or F58 for halos.

Jeep Wrangler JL Halo wiring 1622234220769

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If the fuse tap is the typical one I’m thinking of as @jludave showed you would plug it into the cigar lighter slot after pulling the fuse then plug that fuse back into the tap then put your halo fuse into the open slot and it should be protected, for me that would be F52 since I don’t have heated seats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eldude

Eldude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara unlimited
No. However, you should be able to use the 10 amp fuse in the fuse tap with the original 20 amp fuse. Just put the original fuse in the bottom slot.

You cannot simply replace the existing 20 amp fuse with 2 10 amp fuses. The fuse tap still requires the use of the original fuse. You will need a 2nd tap for the fogs. Most people use F52, F57 or F58 for halos.

Jeep Wrangler JL Halo wiring 1622234220769
So since I have heated seat I could use F57 for example with the add a fuse just put the 10 on top and 20 on bottom? Guess that’s not to much??? Or are you saying use that empty 20 amp slot and put a 10 amp in top and 20 amp in bottome

OP
OP
Eldude

Eldude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara unlimited
If the fuse tap is the typical one I’m thinking of you would plug it into the cigar lighter slot after pulling the fuse then plug that fuse back into the tap then put you halo fuse into the open slot and it should be protected.
Yeah currently nothing in that cigar slot

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So since I have heated seat I could use F57 for example with the add a fuse just put the 10 on top and 20 on bottom?
Correct.

Guess that’s not to much???
No, because the fuse you are adding is less than the original 20 amp fuse. You cannot exceed the amperage of the original/existing fuse. You'd be fine even adding a 20 amp fuse. The halos shouldn't be pulling that much amperage.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yeah currently nothing in that cigar slot
There should be an existing 20 amp fuse in the F52 (Cigar LTR) location. That's for the center stack 12 volt outlet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eldude

Eldude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara unlimited
Correct.

No, because the fuse you are adding is less than the original 20 amp fuse. You cannot exceed the amperage of the original/existing fuse.
Ahh ok so as long as the fuse is Less than the 20 amp you are good..

was thinking you added those 2 numbers together which would be 30 and that would be to much …

but as long as 20 original and 10 add on there sounds like we are good! ?

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ahh ok so as long as the fuse is Less than the 20 amp you are good..

was thinking you added those 2 numbers together which would be 30 and that would be to much …

but as long as 20 original and 10 add on there sounds like we are good! ?
You cannot exceed the amperage of the original fuse. So if the original is 20 amps, you can add up to 20 amps. If the original was 15, you can add up to 15, etc.

OP
OP
Eldude

Eldude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara unlimited
You cannot exceed the amperage of the original fuse. So if the original is 20 amps, you can add up to 20 amps. If the original was 15, you can add up to 15, etc.
Will be wiring tomorrow! How can I send you a 6 pack hahah

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Halo wiring 98DEC516-B1E3-4B8F-9AF7-08BB91182D5D