Sponsored

Half door questions

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Can't comment on the wind noise, but this video will give you a good idea of how they arrive.
Since we're asking half door questions, I have a question about the regular doors on a sport.

So in the video I noticed that half doors upgrade the main doors to power windows and locks. Does that also include the remote unlock on the doors? If so, that makes the upcharge very worth it in my mind. Half doors + power window and remote unlock and still coming in less then a comparable sport... if I'm understanding correctly.

Anyone know for sure?
Sponsored

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Since we're asking half door questions, I have a question about the regular doors on a sport.

So in the video I noticed that half doors upgrade the main doors to power windows and locks. Does that also include the remote unlock on the doors? If so, that makes the upcharge very worth it in my mind. Half doors + power window and remote unlock and still coming in less then a comparable sport... if I'm understanding correctly.

Anyone know for sure?
Yes! If you have power locks, power/heated mirrors, proximity keyless entry, then so does the half doors.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Second, how is the wind noise, etc. on the highway with the uppers in?

Thank you.
I can finally answer this. The half doors are noisy as expected. At least for me, they are no different than any set of half doors have been throughout time. Lol. After 60 plus mph the fronts suck out and you get a gap. It’s not a large gap, but large enough for extra wind noise.

It may just be my set. I don’t know what others are experiencing. I also think that once the seals get softer over time maybe then the uppers will sink in tighter to the body. Just maybe. 🤷🏻‍♂️

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yes! If you have power locks, power/heated mirrors, proximity keyless entry, then so does the half doors.
I was more asking if you get half doors does that automatically push all of your doors to be power door, windows, and remote locks.

Asked [Banned Site] on YouTube and he confirmed that is correct.

So basically you can get a Sport + half doors and you have a base Sport S with the 5" Uconnect 3 stereo and half doors for the same price as a Sport S with no half doors but you get the 7" screen.
And given that the half doors are the same price on the Sport and Sport S, it's like getting power windows/doors for free. If you want those things of course.

If you want other options, then the S (or other trims) is still the obvious choice. But I like the idea of the basic stereo + half doors when we're talking lower trim levels. So many options isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.
First, I am going to be picking up a new Jeep (Unlimited) that has dual doors. I got a long drive back - how big is the box? I remember when I got my first Jeep, the box for the soft top (dual top) was so big I had to slide my seat forward a bit.
Six boxes, well packed...
(I have a 30" inseam and wish the driver's seat could have gone a little further back)
Jeep Wrangler JL Half door questions 3A7715C4-BAD7-4F71-99EF-699616E78833
Jeep Wrangler JL Half door questions tempImageqJ2QFw

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I can finally answer this. The half doors are noisy as expected. At least for me, they are no different than any set of half doors have been throughout time. Lol. After 60 plus mph the fronts suck out and you get a gap. It’s not a large gap, but large enough for extra wind noise.

It may just be my set. I don’t know what others are experiencing. I also think that once the seals get softer over time maybe then the uppers will sink in tighter to the body. Just maybe. 🤷🏻‍♂️
While noisier than full doors on my JLR, mine don't suck out even at 65-70. Did you do the dollar bill adjustment thing?
Sponsored