Half door questions

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Hey all,

Got a few half door related questions:

First, I am going to be picking up a new Jeep (Unlimited) that has dual doors. I got a long drive back - how big is the box? I remember when I got my first Jeep, the box for the soft top (dual top) was so big I had to slide my seat forward a bit.

Second, how is the wind noise, etc. on the highway with the uppers in?

Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392

Can't comment on the wind noise, but this video will give you a good idea of how they arrive.
Thanks. I actually saw this video. That's a two door. Not sure if the four door is any different.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Hey all,

First, I am going to be picking up a new Jeep (Unlimited) that has dual doors. I got a long drive back - how big is the box? I remember when I got my first Jeep, the box for the soft top (dual top) was so big I had to slide my seat forward a bit.

Second, how is the wind noise, etc. on the highway with the uppers in?

Thank you.
I can’t say anything just yet about wind noise. I have not had a chance to get them on just yet.

However, to answer you about the boxes
 the rear portion, on a JLU, is packed to the brim! I am only about 5’7” and my seat was barely back far enough for me to sit comfortably and drive. We had a 10 hr or so drive. My wife is around 3” shorter so she was ok, but she couldn’t recline her seat or move it back either. Her seat was also slightly further forward than mine.
Hope that helps. 😆 It’s definitely a snug fit!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I can’t say anything just yet about wind noise. I have not had a chance to get them on just yet.

However, to answer you about the boxes
 the rear portion, on a JLU, is packed to the brim! I am only about 5’7” and my seat was barely back far enough for me to sit comfortably and drive. We had a 10 hr or so drive. My wife is around 3” shorter so she was ok, but she couldn’t recline her seat or move it back either. Her seat was also slightly further forward than mine.
Hope that helps. 😆 It’s definitely a snug fit!
I'm 6'2". It's gonna be a long drive.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
I'm 6'2". It's gonna be a long drive.
Lmfao
 dude
 idk how you’re gonna do it!!! Hopefully you’re going alone, maybe you can move some of the stuff to the front seat to make room
 Lol

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Hey all,

OP
OP

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Thanks for this. Hopefully, I can move that smaller box that is against the back of the Jeep into the front passenger seat and push everything else back to give myself some more legroom.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
How about taking them out of the boxes, and wrapping them in moving blankets ? Boxes are bulky, leave the recyclables with the dealer..
I *may* not keep them and sell them instead. If I go that route, I figure it's better to keep the boxes.

I got a pending order (I did not order dual doors) but got sick of waiting so I picked up an in-stock unit.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
I *may* not keep them and sell them instead. If I go that route, I figure it's better to keep the boxes.

I got a pending order (I did not order dual doors) but got sick of waiting so I picked up an in-stock unit.
Seen them sell for as high as $5k for a JLU
 the demand is crazy for them. They’re super nice doors

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Anyone interested in Stingray half doors. I may be able to add them to my existing build order.