Half Door question about locks

Mdslawn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
I’m looking at a set of half doors for my Jeep my full doors have proximity locks now and so does the half doors that I’m looking at. If I install these half doors on my Jeep and plug them in will my key fob work and also the proximity locks work? I know the key lock cylinder would not unless I got it rekeyed or swapped .
Sponsored

rjpjeep

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Are they MOPAR? If so, yes the locks should work. The module that is programed to your FOB in under the dash.

OP
OP

Mdslawn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
Yes they are mopar factory doors. Is it possible to get the actual key lock hole swapped or rekeyed so my keys operate everything on the jeep

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Swapping out the lock cylinders is really easy. I did it on the half doors I bought. They send you enough pins to cover all combinations. you just need a bit of trial and error with your key to get the right combo.

Part: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-lock-assembly-cylinder-68384449ab

Video showing the process (not on a Jeep). Took me about 40 minutes. Once you know the sequence for the first, the second is easy.