Sponsored

Willys Question - power windows and power door locks?

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Good people, I was on Jeep.com to build a Willys for my wife. I do not see the option to add power windows and power door locks. That just doesn’t seem right. What am I missing?

With that said, I realized that with my own Jeep, the mechanical options I ordered it with, and the mechanical build I added, gives it the same options as the Willys - except I don’t have the larger brakes. Does that, in effect, make it a “Willys?” Would it be stupid of me to slap Willys stickers on it, if I chose to do so? I’m not saying that I will; I’m just curious about this aspect of limited edition Jeeps. Thanks.
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Good people, I was on Jeep.com to build a Willys for my wife. I do not see the option to add power windows and power door locks. That just doesn’t seem right. What am I missing?

With that said, I realized that with my own Jeep, the mechanical options I ordered it with, and the mechanical build I added, gives it the same options as the Willys - except I don’t have the larger brakes. Does that, in effect, make it a “Willys?” Would it be stupid of me to slap Willys stickers on it, if I chose to do so? I’m not saying that I will; I’m just curious about this aspect of limited edition Jeeps. Thanks.
Looks as if the Willys Sport comes standard with manual windows. The Willys comes with standard with power windows and locks. The Willys in my understanding falls between a Sport and a Rubicon. Check out the model comparisons on the website and click the standard equipment link. It has yellow icon beside it.

3D43F209-EFCA-47A2-B241-EE38B72A62E6.png

Gillytickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2.0 Turbo, 2" MOPAR lift
There is alot of nice standard features on the Willys, like the heavier rear axle with LSD, power windows, power locks, AC, LED headlights and fog lights, and larger brakes. Willys sport has options that are closer to a sport with some standard options.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Good people, I was on Jeep.com to build a Willys for my wife...Would it be stupid of me to slap Willys... if I chose to do so? I’m not saying that I will; I’m just curious about this aspect...
Putting this out there because many silent lurkers on the forum don’t realize that “Willy’s” is pronounced “Will-is” and not “willies”.

That being said, re reading your post with the correct pronunciation makes all the difference in the world. Here are some other words and phrases, to a different extent, that may have the same problem:

Deliberate =/= deliver it
Cheese fat =/= she’s fat
Tissue =/= teach you
Okay so =/= O queso
Up hauled =/= appalled

=/= means “Does not equal”*

Re badging your vehicle, I wouldn’t but then again it’s not my Jeep

Also, I laugh wholeheartedly at the fool who shows up to the Jeep dealership asking for Jeep Willy’s with the incorrect pronunciation :CWL: .

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Putting this out there because many silent lurkers on the forum don’t realize that “Willy’s” is pronounced “Will-is” and not “willies”.

That being said, re reading your post with the correct pronunciation makes all the difference in the world. Here are some other words and phrases, to a different extent, that may have the same problem:

Cheese fat =/= she’s fat
Tissue =/= teach you
Okay so =/= O queso
Up hauled =/= appalled

Also, I laugh wholeheartedly at the fool who shows up to the Jeep dealership asking for Jeep Willy’s with the incorrect pronunciation :CWL: .

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Cheese fat =/= she’s fat
Tissue =/= teach you
Okay so =/= O queso
Up hauled =/= appalled

I'll bet most of the sales people at the dealership don't know how to pronounce it either. For that matter, John Willys should have given up and pronounced it the way everybody else did.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR

Cheese fat =/= she’s fat
Tissue =/= teach you
Okay so =/= O queso
Up hauled =/= appalled

When I first heard someone ask if I’ve seen the Jeep “willies” the first thing that came to mind was did they really just take that stupid nutsack hitch thing a step further?.....

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget Rubicon rock rails. :)
My rails are sitting in the garage. If I didn't put steps on I would need a step ladder to get in and out.
Sponsored