Here's an update from my end. Timeline:

08/17 - Deposit made and VON received.
08/31 - VIN received
09/01 - Response from FCAC chat:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton custom order timeline 1631560004455
"
09/13 - Response from FCAC chat:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton custom order timeline 1631560004455
Wow, jealous, I got my vin the following day after I ordered but mine is still in D. Curious why it took so long to take your vin.

OP
OP

barometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
My VIN might have been available earlier. It's just that was the day I emailed Daniel and asked him.

What status does D mean? The chat person would not give me any codes.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
My VIN might have been available earlier. It's just that was the day I emailed Daniel and asked him.

D status is one of the initial ones. It means they are still gathering parts for the build and no build date has been determined.

D1 is the next one where you are "sequenced for gateline production" aka parts have been gathered and it has a build slot assigned.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro

D basically mean Jeep accepted your order.
Most of us spent a lot of time there.
Once it hits D1 things start happening.
Mine was like 8 weeks in D.
A week in D1.
Then it got built that week.
Now it is rotting in "shipping" for 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Sponsored

FritzBrothers

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I wonder what the average shipping to our guys at Gupton is? And how long the pick up process is. I want to get everything handled prior so that it is just a pick up and go if possible.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder what the average shipping to our guys at Gupton is? And how long the pick up process is. I want to get everything handled prior so that it is just a pick up and go if possible.
Agree on the pickup. I already have the final numbers. Daniel says he takes personal checks.

I started off gonna pay cash, then toyed with the 0/36 and banking the interest off the balance, but it would only be like 300 bucks or so over the 3 years probably not worth the hassle.

Otherwise, I can't see my actual F&I time there being more than 30 minutes, cuz I don't want any extras. Really should be like 10.

Side note on how busy they really must be. I've asked for the F&I guy to send me info on the MOPAR extended warranty 3 times and he never has. The sell on that is usually 30 minutes.

I'm only keeping this Jeep until April or May anyway, so I won't need it, but I'd like to read about it and get Guptons figures.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Agree on the pickup. I already have the final numbers. Daniel says he takes personal checks.

I started off gonna pay cash, then toyed with the 0/36 and banking the interest off the balance, but it would only be like 300 bucks or so over the 3 years probably not worth the hassle.

Otherwise, I can't see my actual F&I time there being more than 30 minutes, cuz I don't want any extras. Really should be like 10.

Side note on how busy they really must be. I've asked for the F&I guy to send me info on the MOPAR extended warranty 3 times and he never has. The sell on that is usually 30 minutes.

I'm only keeping this Jeep until April or May anyway, so I won't need it, but I'd like to read about it and get Guptons figures.
Is the 0/36 thru Chrysler finance and handled by Gupton?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the 0/36 thru Chrysler finance and handled by Gupton?
I think so. I forgot to mention it will be October before I get mine anyway, so they may not extend the offer. They have every month since I ordered in June tho.

Screenshot_20210917-073228_Chrome.jpg

iunate42

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Hey guys,

Wanted to hear from recent Gupton customers on how their timeline for delivery is looking like. If you can share your experience and info it will be very helpful.
Here's my status:
08/17 - Deposit made and VON received.
08/31 - VIN received (Daniel might have received the VIN earlier, I just happen to email him on that day)

Order details below. He originally said it will be approx 10-12 weeks but could be sooner. Thanks folks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton custom order timeline Screenshot_20210917-073228_Chrome
I've posted this in the build and tracking thread, but ordered 7/2, built 8/30 (per the sticker),
Jeep Chat said delivered on 9/11, but Daniel said 9/16. So, somewhere in the 9-10 week range. At the time I ordered he was guessing 6-10 weeks, so we were definitely on the outer edge of that.

Rubicon 4xe with most options except tow package.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
They have it figured out at Gupton. If you do finance ahead of time you're in and out in less than an hour. Most of that will be taken up taking about Jeeps and looking at the other 50 that were delivered that week :)

One of the best things with Gupton is they could care less if you pay you sales tax there or when you get home. I'm getting a tax credit for selling my truck to Vroom so it's better handled when I get home. Daniel said they actually prefer not to mess with it but some people want theirs rolled into the financing and they will do that. I'm not big on paying interest on sales tax for years so I'll just bite the bullet and pay at my revenue office, cash. But to each his own. I only mention it because some dealers will tell it's required that you pay your sales tax when taking delivery. It is not unless the dealer is in your state and your state requires it. A dealer in one state can not tell you how to pay your states sales tax. It may be a dealer requirement but not a state requirement.

Texas and Missouri are bad about this. They say it's so they know that the sales tax gets paid. Why does a dealership in one state care if another Staes sales tax gets paid. Total BS. No doubt it's a deal when you use dealer financing to get an extra 2% discount, they figure you will roll your sales tax into the finance price. One of the highly recommended dealers in Missouri require it. They use a service to take care of everything. Sounds convenient but if your dealing with sales tax credits from your state from your sale or trade it would be a nightmare. I was told I would have to pay the full sales tax amount at dealer and then get a rebate from my state and I would need to do that. Just sounds messy. Gupton is twice the road trip for me but the no sales tax hassle is worth the drive for me.

The wife and I will make a long weekend of it. Cheap one way flights to Nashville and drive back home. Before we go I'll work out financing, let the F&I guy know I don't need gap coverage or an extended warranty, don't even ask. I'll compare their best rate vs. my Navy Federal rate and decide if I'm bringing a check or using their financing for the extra 2%. 2% sounds like a lot to give up but my $65k MSRP is $56k after discounts. 2% of $56k is $1,100-$1,200. If I can save that on my better Navy Federal rate over the term of the loan I'll go that way. Some say, take the discount and then refi with your credit union. They have that figured out. I think they require 7 payments before being able to do that.

Too much info I know. Sorry. Just my plan. Also for anyone in my situation. My state requires you to get your new vehicle with 45 days to get the sales tax credit. Of course that can't happen ordering a Jeep unless you sell before going to pick up. I sold in late june, ordered 7/12. I did this because Vroom offered a stupid high amount for my truck. I had to jump. Fortunately my state lets me use my sold order date as the sales date, not the date I take delivery. It's a difference between paying 6.5% on $56k or $24k, big difference.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I wonder if Gupton can match the other discount online Mopar Extended Warranty dealers. Let us know about the Mopar Extended Warranty prices when you hear back from them. It would be nice for anyone who is interested to have a one-stop shop for a discounted Jeep and Mopar Extended Warranty.

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Emailed Daniel yesterday to inquire about the possibility of still ordering a 2021 Rubicon. How long does it take for a response back? Cant get a clear answer anywhere locally if I can still order a 2021 or will have to wait for the 2022's to open. Any insight appreciated!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Emailed Daniel yesterday to inquire about the possibility of still ordering a 2021 Rubicon. How long does it take for a response back? Cant get a clear answer anywhere locally if I can still order a 2021 or will have to wait for the 2022's to open. Any insight appreciated!
Email early in the morning, like when they first open. He responded quickly every time. If you send afternoon or Weekend it gets missed. Dude gets 100's of emails a day. that's what works for me. It's almost like when it pops up early he see's it, later he's super busy. No doubt doesn't have the time to go thru every one each morning. That's just been my best luck.

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Email early in the morning, like when they first open. He responded quickly every time. If you send afternoon or Weekend it gets missed. Dude gets 100's of emails a day. that's what works for me. It's almost like when it pops up early he see's it, later he's super busy. No doubt doesn't have the time to go thru every one each morning. That's just been my best luck.
ok awesome will send him another one right now..Thanks!
Sponsored