Sponsored

Gupton Wrangler Order Number Deux

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
When I picked up my first Jeep I've ever owned from Gupton a couple months ago after a 15 week order/delivery wait, a '21 HellaYella Wrangler Sport, I told them "I'll be back"

I was that impressed with my experience and knew I would gladly travel the 500+ miles again.

Neither myself, Renee or Daniel thought it would be quite this soon tho.

Today I ordered a '22 JLU Sport S, 2.0 Turbo / Auto with the Dual Top Group and MOPAR doors off mirror kit. Several other options I wanted are not available at this time.

Sadly, HellaYella was discontinued 3 days after I ordered my '21 in June, so I had to go a different direction this time. I am not a fan of any of the colors currently offered except I've always loved Hydro, so Hydro it is.

I'm anticipating a mid to late April drop date, which is perfect.

The best part for everyone is this time I won't gripe, moan, bitch, whine and complain about how long it takes. That first go round really helped manage my expectations for this next order.

Living with this Jeep for awhile I got to say I don't see myself ever not driving a Wrangler from here on out.

I am impressed with the quality of the unit I have vs what I was expecting. That little 2.0 Turbo is fun as hell and has plenty of kick for me and the transmission is like butter.

I'll be watching y'alls builds come in to see the average delivery times. Hopefully the trucking situation gets better with the new year. I still think most are gonna take at least 12-14 weeks, order to drop.

Gupton's Wranglers are shipped via truck directly from Toledo to Springfield and if things go right, it takes about 9 hours from pickup to drop off.
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I took a 2.0 2-door out for a spin, and I was impressed. I'd never driven a Jeep with that kind of kick before.

I wish they offered it with a manual. C'est la vie. I'll just enjoy driving my slow Jeep slow.

Looking forward to hearing from Gupton to let me know mine is on the way.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Did you get another 4 door, or a two door. I would like to have one of each, and a JT to round out the stable! :LOL:

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took a 2.0 2-door out for a spin, and I was impressed. I'd never driven a Jeep with that kind of kick before.

I wish they offered it with a manual. C'est la vie. I'll just enjoy driving my slow Jeep slow.

Looking forward to hearing from Gupton to let me know mine is on the way.
You need a 392 (don't we all, well I don't cuz I'd be dead or in jail)

When/what did you order?

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
You need a 392 (don't we all, well I don't cuz I'd be dead or in jail)

When/what did you order?
392s also don't come with a manual. :/

Tuscadero JLR. I love yellow, that was my first choice when I went look for a manual LJ and I still can't believe I found one, but Bikini, Mojito, and especially Tuscadero have really knocked my socks off. Jeep's doing very well with colors in the JL generation.

Oops, forgot the when: mid-November.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392s also don't come with a manual. :/

Tuscadero JLR. I love yellow, that was my first choice when I went look for a manual LJ and I still can't believe I found one, but Bikini, Mojito, and especially Tuscadero have really knocked my socks off. Jeep's doing very well with colors in the JL generation.

Oops, forgot the when: mid-November.
People are pretty polarized about the Yella. Virtually all my friends either say they hate yellow or don't care for it.

Then in the next sentence they say that mine is a really sharp Jeep, so I don't know what to think and honestly, IDGAF. I think she is gorgeous.

That said, Hydro is pretty damn sweet too, so I'm looking forward to that.

The only kick I have against the Hella is it makes it impossible to hide or blend in when you want to.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
People are pretty polarized about the Yella. Virtually all my friends either say they hate yellow or don't care for it.
You need better friends!

The only kick I have against the Hella is it makes it impossible to hide or blend in when you want to.
Definitely stands out. It's actually useful in at least one way.

Ever since a motorcyclist went out of his way to warn me about one of my brake lights, I've been paying it forward. Hard to ignore a guy in a naked yellow Jeep when he's trying to get your attention.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Nice! And I have one on order as well from Gupton, didnā€™t know their orders came on the truck rather than railā€¦ cool

rainmaker86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI Sprt, 22 JLURD (On Order)
When I picked up my first Jeep I've ever owned from Gupton a couple months ago after a 15 week order/delivery wait, a '21 HellaYella Wrangler Sport, I told them "I'll be back"

I was that impressed with my experience and knew I would gladly travel the 500+ miles again.

Neither myself, Renee or Daniel thought it would be quite this soon tho.

Today I ordered a '22 JLU Sport S, 2.0 Turbo / Auto with the Dual Top Group and MOPAR doors off mirror kit. Several other options I wanted are not available at this time.

Sadly, HellaYella was discontinued 3 days after I ordered my '21 in June, so I had to go a different direction this time. I am not a fan of any of the colors currently offered except I've always loved Hydro, so Hydro it is.

I'm anticipating a mid to late April drop date, which is perfect.

The best part for everyone is this time I won't gripe, moan, bitch, whine and complain about how long it takes. That first go round really helped manage my expectations for this next order.

Living with this Jeep for awhile I got to say I don't see myself ever not driving a Wrangler from here on out.

I am impressed with the quality of the unit I have vs what I was expecting. That little 2.0 Turbo is fun as hell and has plenty of kick for me and the transmission is like butter.

I'll be watching y'alls builds come in to see the average delivery times. Hopefully the trucking situation gets better with the new year. I still think most are gonna take at least 12-14 weeks, order to drop.

Gupton's Wranglers are shipped via truck directly from Toledo to Springfield and if things go right, it takes about 9 hours from pickup to drop off.
I ordered from gupton and was wondering if it was far enough to be freighted!

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Did you get another 4 door, or a two door. I would like to have one of each, and a JT to round out the stable! :LOL:
Thatā€™s what I didā€¦.lol.

JLR in Chief ā€” 2.0.
JTR in White ā€” 3.0 diesel
Incoming 392 in Hydro.

When you add in the TJ Iā€™m fixing up sitting in the driveway and my white JK it looks like Iā€™m running a jeep dealership. Wife thinks Iā€™m crazy. Probably not wrong šŸ˜‚ guess I need to add a YJ and some CJs next.

Last edited:

rainmaker86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI Sprt, 22 JLURD (On Order)
Thatā€™s what I didā€¦.lol.

JLR in Chief ā€” 2.0.
JTR in White ā€” 3.0 diesel
Incoming 392 in Hydro.

When you add in the TJ Iā€™m fixing up sitting in the driveway and my white JK it looks like Iā€™m running a jeep dealership. Wife thinks Iā€™m crazy. Probably not wrong šŸ˜‚ guess I need to add a YJ and some CJs next.
lol I havenā€™t even owned a jeep yet and floated the idea of a JT(while waiting on a JL) and the wife is ok. I think she was more shocked by the wanting Duce and a half. Maybe I have old School sales tactics built in to my life but who knows.
Sponsored