Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Rubicon order delivery timeline?

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Stopped at a Jeep dealership this morning to discuss ordering 2021 JLUR, and was told by salesman that it wouldn't arrive until December or January. My opinion is no one there knows what their doing or they just don't want to bother with special order. Has anyone else that has actually already ordered one been told it would be this long?
Sponsored

Last edited:

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped at a Jeep dealership this morning to discuss ordering 2021 JLUR, and was told by salesman that it wouldn't arrive until December or January. My opinion is no one there knows what their doing or they just don't want to bother with special order. Has anyone else that has actually already ordered one been told it would be this lone?
4-12 weeks is a good average from the time the order has went through and you were given a VON from my understanding.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Stopped at a Jeep dealership this morning to discuss ordering 2021 JLUR, and was told by salesman that it wouldn't arrive until December or January. My opinion is no one there knows what their doing or they just don't want to bother with special order. Has anyone else that has actually already ordered one been told it would be this long?
I have one on order and have previously ordered Wranglers twice. Those two took an average of 6 weeks. That said, our current environment is far from average. I ordered on July 3rd, and realistically expect it to arrive in early October - basically twice as long as my previous experiences. So...I'm not sure that a December estimate is that far off. Once you've ordered, you'll never buy a vehicle off the lot again.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since production just started the clock has 8 days on it. Now that there appears to be a freeze on shipping them it is frozen again.

@BadWolf there is no known order to the sequence of the build, someone that ordered a week earlier can be built while some that had orders in for two or three months wait.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Today marks 10 weeks since order for me. Mine currently is sitting in a storage lot waiting to be shipped with the most updated ship date being 9/1/20. However, I ordered in June knowing production wouldn't start until August. As @nerubi said, no known logic to the process. And amidst this pandemic, I'm guessing your dealer is just trying to keep realistic and not back themselves into a corner of promises they can't keep due to FCA randomness.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No one could get one built until August 10 even though could order June 5. So while you waited that long Jeep's production clock really started August 10. So from their perspectuve everyine has been waiting 8 days. Now that it seems they aren't shipping any 2021s their view may be builds are 8 days old but ship wait is 0. Depends if they are holding up shipping ir if their transport partners are holding it up. Have they turned them overvti their shipping partners and they are holding them? No one will say. I think when Jeep moves one to KZ it is transports and a sticker is printed but since no stickers must be Jeep holding them.

But would they hold thousands of them just waiting for a few 2020s to get out of I or JB? Seems crazy and expensive.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
No one could get one built until August 10 even though could order June 5. So while you waited that long Jeep's production clock really started August 10. So from their perspectuve everyine has been waiting 8 days. Now that it seems they aren't shipping any 2021s their view may be builds are 8 days old but ship wait is 0. Depends if they are holding up shipping ir if their transport partners are holding it up. Have they turned them overvti their shipping partners and they are holding them? No one will say. I think when Jeep moves one to KZ it is transports and a sticker is printed but since no stickers must be Jeep holding them.

But would they hold thousands of them just waiting for a few 2020s to get out of I or JB? Seems crazy and expensive.
I agree. What if a major hailstorm comes through and causes damage to thousands of Jeeps that are ready to ship? Now who looks silly? If it was me (yes, I'm biased but also trying to look at it logically) I'd get those Jeeps out of there ASAP to alleviate liability costs and concerns.

Mchadpayne

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
I ordered on the 11th and had a VON and VIN two days later. I’m hoping the dealership was wrong on time frame but I was told middle of October.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. What if a major hailstorm comes through and causes damage to thousands of Jeeps that are ready to ship? Now who looks silly? If it was me (yes, I'm biased but also trying to look at it logically) I'd get those Jeeps out of there ASAP to alleviate liability costs and concerns.
Do not look at the YouTube videos of vehicle railcars going into emergency braking and the cars crashing into the front of the railcar and each other.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Do not look at the YouTube videos of vehicle railcars going into emergency braking and the cars crashing into the front of the railcar and each other.
You should know me by now. As painful as it's going to be, you saying that means I know what I'll be filling my 3am break with tonight. Ugh.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You should know me by now. As painful as it's going to be, you saying that means I know what I'll be filling my 3am break with tonight. Ugh.
if you ordered the steel bumpers and that happened it would be fine.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
I have one on order and have previously ordered Wranglers twice. Those two took an average of 6 weeks. That said, our current environment is far from average. I ordered on July 3rd, and realistically expect it to arrive in early October - basically twice as long as my previous experiences. So...I'm not sure that a December estimate is that far off. Once you've ordered, you'll never buy a vehicle off the lot again.
I have ordered 2 other vehicles in my life, but 4 to 5 months seems a little excessive even under our current conditions.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have ordered 2 other vehicles in my life, but 4 to 5 months seems a little excessive even under our current conditions.
Hopefully a little less than that. It works out to 3 months for me overall, but keep in mind that from July 3rd (my order) to August 10 was a holding pattern waiting for production to begin for any 2021s. If I measure my wait from August 10th to Early October, I'm nearer the 6 weeks that I've experienced in the past.
Sponsored