Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
Ordered Mine Feb 12th.
Rubi JL unlimited. 3.6 L , Tow package, cold weather with auto start, Led lights, 8c unconnected.
Have Von but no vin.
Dealer says it has not even started to get built.
Dealer says it is a 5 month wait for some.
FCA Definitely does does not care about us Canadians and it really pisees me off !
Hey Jeep Cares why don't you explain to me WHY are some getting their jeeps in 4 weeks and some 5 months ????????
Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Ordered Mine Feb 12th.
Rubi JL unlimited. 3.6 L , Tow package, cold weather with auto start, Led lights, 8c unconnected.
Have Von but no vin.
Dealer says it has not even started to get built.
Dealer says it is a 5 month wait for some.
FCA Definitely does does not care about us Canadians and it really pisees me off !
Hey Jeep Cares why don't you explain to me WHY are some getting their jeeps in 4 weeks and some 5 months ????????
Those are all popular options. I ordered a JLR (2 door), with 2.0, cloth seats, painted top, all the unpopular options, but my build is coming along. I would have guessed the unpopular options would slow things but maybe it's the opposite.

NotMyHubbysJeep

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4-door Bright White 2021
Ordered my custom build 4/1 - arrived at dealer 05/17. Did an inspection had too many seat stains for my liking (back seats the worst). I ordered it the way I wanted it to look, Bright White, Sky one touch top, cloth black and tan interior. Havent taken possession of the vehicle as the dealer wants to make a claim to Jeep/Chrysler - since it hadnt been on their lot longer than 24 hrs.

Also, it has 36 miles on it (I think they let someone test drive it, annoys me). When sitting with finance last night, they wanted me to sign a paper that showed it has 2 miles. I had them correct it.

I dont think I am being too picky. You buy it custom from the factory - it should be near pristine?
Thoughts?

seatstains.PNG

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Did an inspection had too many seat stains for my liking (back seats the worst). I
Also, it has 36 miles on it (I think they let someone test drive it, annoys me).
I don't think I am being too picky. You buy it custom from the factory - it should be near pristine?
Thoughts?
Stand firm!, You're totally in the right. They clearly let a family of candy eating messy kids take it on an unsupervised test drive. Until I read this, I hadn't thought of telling my dealer no test drives. My JLR might arrive before I get to the mainland. I also ordered cloth which dealers never seem to order. Maybe get a $4,000 discount and get some custom made seat covers and have a good detailer clean the seats.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Ordered my custom build 4/1 - arrived at dealer 05/17. Did an inspection had too many seat stains for my liking (back seats the worst). I ordered it the way I wanted it to look, Bright White, Sky one touch top, cloth black and tan interior. Havent taken possession of the vehicle as the dealer wants to make a claim to Jeep/Chrysler - since it hadnt been on their lot longer than 24 hrs.

Also, it has 36 miles on it (I think they let someone test drive it, annoys me). When sitting with finance last night, they wanted me to sign a paper that showed it has 2 miles. I had them correct it.

I dont think I am being too picky. You buy it custom from the factory - it should be near pristine?
Thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process seatstains.PNG
You are correct. I would've been angry as well.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Stand firm!, You're totally in the right. They clearly let a family of candy eating messy kids take it on an unsupervised test drive. Until I read this, I hadn't thought of telling my dealer no test drives. My JLR might arrive before I get to the mainland. I also ordered cloth which dealers never seem to order. Maybe get a $4,000 discount and get some custom made seat covers and have a good detailer clean the seats.
That was my first thought as well....smh
With $4000, he can get some custom made Katzkin leather seats with money to spare!

NotMyHubbysJeep

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4-door Bright White 2021
Update Back seats show no signs of stains. And front seat, they are ordering a factory replacement seat cover. Im happy, and shes home :) need to make a decision on custom plates. LOL

Still not happy about the miles it has on it, were in downtown salt lake city. Gas fill up is less than a mile away at the most. 36 miles when I first saw it, second day total of 50 miles. Perhaps they drove it to the detailer, who knows.

Glad the process is complete, car buying is never fun (at least for me).

Reactions: J0E

Winterwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2012

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Order was submitted 4/29, delivered to the dealer yesterday 5/20. Going to be picking it up in the next few days!!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process 1621631246965

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
HI Everyone,
Ordered my 4XE Rubi May 5 (got hit with surprise with price increase), got my build sheet 5/20 so i decided to pester the Jeep chat today since there has been no window sticker yet. They informed me my jeep " is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided".

I have been reading on here that jeeps can sit in this stage for months. when i pressed them further, they clarified that "It is a quality inspection step. Yes". Hopefully they are pushing in all the fuses and making sure the backup camera lines works but i'm wondering how long people have waited in this stage of the build. Also does his mean they are just doing a spot check on quality or are they addressing something specific.

As always, thoroughly appreciate collective advice,
Mike

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
HI Everyone,
Ordered my 4XE Rubi May 5 (got hit with surprise with price increase), got my build sheet 5/20 so i decided to pester the Jeep chat today since there has been no window sticker yet. They informed me my jeep " is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided".

I have been reading on here that jeeps can sit in this stage for months. when i pressed them further, they clarified that "It is a quality inspection step. Yes". Hopefully they are pushing in all the fuses and making sure the backup camera lines works but i'm wondering how long people have waited in this stage of the build. Also does his mean they are just doing a spot check on quality or are they addressing something specific.

As always, thoroughly appreciate collective advice,
Mike
Ordered a 4xe Sahara myself on 5/10. Still just a VON. I see where it took 15 days for yours to get a build sheet. I may reach out to FCA Chat this weekend and see if there are any updates.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Ordered a 4xe Sahara myself on 5/10. Still just a VON. I see where it took 15 days for yours to get a build sheet. I may reach out to FCA Chat this weekend and see if there are any updates.
You mean you don’t bug the FCA chat everyday?!