Sponsored

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Ordered JLU Willys originally in late January. Dealer told me something got corrupted with the order (probably BS) and then reordered mid-February. Original ship date was March 19. Just got an email last night of new ship date expected to be first week in April :/
Sponsored

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Ordered March 9th, got VIN on March 10th, and finished production yesterday. Now in storage with the rest of the 4xe's. One week all in and I think it's because I got one of their ready allocation units.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Ordered: 1/26
VON: 1/27
VIN: 1/28
D1 Status: 2/9
Paint: 3/11
Waiting to be shipped...

JL Sport S
Manual Trans
LED
Tech
Safety
Alpine

It's been a long wait but hopefully I'll be getting an email from Koons soon!

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I am just curious for people who have ordered, this is my first time doing so. I don't want to over pester a dealer/salesman, so I was just curious as to how many updates you usually got from them throughout the process. I left my order with the dealer/salesman and paid the deposit on Tuesday, and sent an email today just asking if its actually been input into the system. since I havent had any follow up yet.

Like I said, dont want to be annoying as hell, but still want to be updated throughout the process and make sure everything is going smoothly so I want to stay on top of it.

Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just curious for people who have ordered, this is my first time doing so. I don't want to over pester a dealer/salesman, so I was just curious as to how many updates you usually got from them throughout the process. I left my order with the dealer/salesman and paid the deposit on Tuesday, and sent an email today just asking if its actually been input into the system. since I havent had any follow up yet.

Like I said, dont want to be annoying as hell, but still want to be updated throughout the process and make sure everything is going smoothly so I want to stay on top of it.
Congrats!!!
You should have received a confirmation when you sent your deposit and your VON very soon after that.....

As far as contacting your sales person - I emailed mine once a week and did the Jeep Chat thing once or twice a week. It's a tough wait!! Good luck!

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Congrats!!!
You should have received a confirmation when you sent your deposit and your VON very soon after that.....

As far as contacting your sales person - I emailed mine once a week and did the Jeep Chat thing once or twice a week. It's a tough wait!! Good luck!
Alright cool, thank you. I dont feel too bad about bugging him since I havent gotten the VON, or any confirmation he inputted it into the system yet and I paid the deposit on Tuesday. I have the receipt of my deposit that I kept. So I guess I will pester him again tomorrow if I get no response!

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright cool, thank you. I dont feel too bad about bugging him since I havent gotten the VON, or any confirmation he inputted it into the system yet and I paid the deposit on Tuesday. I have the receipt of my deposit that I kept. So I guess I will pester him again tomorrow if I get no response!
I would definitely reach out to him to make sure he got the deposit and that it's been ordered - you're not bugging him - part of his job :). Get the VON, that way you'll be able to go through Jeep Chat and get your VIN (if the dealer doesn't provide it). I got the VON the day after confirmation of my deposit.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I would definitely reach out to him to make sure he got the deposit and that it's been ordered - you're not bugging him - part of his job :). Get the VON, that way you'll be able to go through Jeep Chat and get your VIN (if the dealer doesn't provide it). I got the VON the day after confirmation of my deposit.
Is there a reason a dealer would not provide a Vin? Or VON?

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a reason a dealer would not provide a Vin? Or VON?
Not that I know of.....Not an expert but I've never heard of them not providing that. I would just make sure your deposit went through.

Sponsored

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Not that I know of.....Not an expert but I've never heard of them not providing that. I would just make sure your deposit went through.
I did the deposit in person with a card reader and got the receipt, so it was approved and went through on the spot. He had my build sheet and said he was going to put it into the system. I was on my lunch hour and had to get back for a meeting so I didn't really sit and watch him enter it or anything, but we did a double check of the sheets just to make sure everything was there.

Like I don't really have any reason to believe that they wouldn't put in my order, I just want to make sure it didn't slip their mind since I wasn't there, and heck if you have a ton of customers that day maybe you forgot or something. Not saying that should happen, but you never know. Yeah I would feel better about getting that VON or VIN even since its been two days now.

If I don't hear back I will give a call tomorrow instead of emailing.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Well, here is a first. I was never able to get either the VIN or the VON from the dealer. After about three weeks I contacted Jeep Chat, gave them my name, the name of the dealer and the approximate order date and the very nice rep was able to find the order a couple of minutes later. As it turned out the Jeep had just been shipped. They kept me informed of the shipping status and let me know when the Jeep was delivered. It was during the night. I contacted the salesman the next morning and let him know that my Jeep was on the lot. I think that I must have gotten extraordinary service from Jeep Chat due to the dealer failing to follow through.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Well, here is a first. I was never able to get either the VIN or the VON from the dealer. After about three weeks I contacted Jeep Chat, gave them my name, the name of the dealer and the approximate order date and the very nice rep was able to find the order a couple of minutes later. As it turned out the Jeep had just been shipped. They kept me informed of the shipping status and let me know when the Jeep was delivered. It was during the night. I contacted the salesman the next morning and let him know that my Jeep was on the lot. I think that I must have gotten extraordinary service from Jeep Chat due to the dealer failing to follow through.
What was the reason given for the lack of info?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
What was the reason given for the lack of info?
The salesman just kept saying that it wasn't available yet. I wasn't surprised though. At the time that I placed the order the Sales Manager told me that Jeep didn't have a means in place for customers to check on order status.

jbennett_418

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR 2019 Subaru WRX STI Limited
The salesman just kept saying that it wasn't available yet. I wasn't surprised though. At the time that I placed the order the Sales Manager told me that Jeep didn't have a means in place for customers to check on order status.
I was told basically the same thing. They said they have never heard of a customer or anyone outside of the sales department having the capability to track order / build status. :facepalm:
Sponsored