vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This was a concern of mine with the quadratec ones, also. When putting weight on them, the plastic trim did flex. These GPCA ones look like they distribute the weight a little more.
I haven’t noticed the plastic trim flexing, but I’m sure they do just inherently from their design.

How do you even get in with your arm in the way? I find the factory pillar position the most convenient to get in with.
I don’t really use them, my folks borrow my Jeep (I know, I know) to haul my kiddos around while I work. Mom is short and dad has bad knees so they use these every time they get in. They use these more than the factory pillar handles.
Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the GPCA's with red handles as well. I love how they don't side or wobble. Looking at sunshades I wondered if there would be issues with installation.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Ok gang, took some more pics of the GPCA handles. I’m assuming the spiderweb shade anchors are screwed into the 2 screws on the underside. It looks like you can maneuver the handle accordingly to still attach the shade bungees, which can probably slide through the “window” created between the 2 Velcro straps (if you are getting when I’m trying to describe). I hope these help.

9A31BFAA-690C-4414-BA7B-A553123EE1B8.jpeg

96505D86-0F0B-4B58-B6AD-EAF9C2478775.jpeg

3DBB854A-8EA4-4773-8D93-6EB4BC4D67B3.jpeg
You are the man! Looks like there will be no interference at all. Time to order me some. Thanks a bunch!

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You are the man! Looks like there will be no interference at all. Time to order me some. Thanks a bunch!
no problem. They were offering 10% off when I got mine. Also, don’t buy that pen they have, those pens are cheap on Amazon

Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
Made a set of woven paracord handles for my JK - but it turns out the roll bar on the JL is just a tiny bit larger than the JK, even without padding. My original version had a woven strap on either end and attached with a shackle. It's about 1/4" too short now, so I picked up a set of long/heavy duty velcro straps and wrapped those instead. Actually looks a bit cleaned and holds great.

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I bought a pair of the Mopar ones for the JL. I ended up selling them right away as I thought they hung down way to far. Hindered my vision to the side.
Completely agree

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the GPCA ones, and they are perfect. Had to fold under the aft portion and slide them as far back as I could, so the second spiderwebshade bungee would attach. Thanks for the input, fellas!
DE68BDDC-D00B-47FE-A06B-D5ECC40C60FB.jpeg
B13BCB12-5063-4F03-9C4D-2A6B988D3C1C.jpeg
9AA5FBA8-8000-40FE-B5CD-53650A44AE30.jpeg
Looks great. Now I’m regretting not getting the red carabiner.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody running the GPCAs with a JTops shade? Wondering if there will be any interference?

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I just installed my GPCA lights (didn't want the padding or the extra pocket holder) and they fit perfectly with my Alienshade. I also got the upgraded color to red to match the rest of my red interior accents. I love these things, the fact that they fold up out of the way is awesome.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
For the GPCA handles when you fold them up are they tight? Do they fall back down or flop over bumps etc?

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For the GPCA handles when you fold them up are they tight? Do they fall back down or flop over bumps etc?
They fold up tight with no flopping so long as you cinch the Velcro down pretty snug. They say we might have to re-tighten them periodically but I haven’t had to in the many months I’ve had them yet. So far I’m still extremely pleased with them and would highly recommend them.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They fold up tight with no flopping so long as you cinch the Velcro down pretty snug. They say we might have to re-tighten them periodically but I haven’t had to in the many months I’ve had them yet. So far I’m still extremely pleased with them and would highly recommend them.
Same experience here.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Thanks, anyone color match the handles with granite crystal? Looks like space gray would match but customer service is telling me billet silver which doesn't seem right. Their picket gray looks close to sting gray.
Sponsored