Grab handles?

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What grab handles are you using? I'm looking at the quadratec handles but I'm not really fond of the velcro contraption used to fasten the front handles in (I have a JLUR). Looking for options
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
What grab handles are you using? I'm looking at the quadratec handles but I'm not really fond of the velcro contraption used to fasten the front handles in (I have a JLUR). Looking for options
I bought a pair of the Mopar ones for the JL. I ended up selling them right away as I thought they hung down way to far. Hindered my vision to the side.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I have the quadratec ones, and the mopar ones. Got the quadratec ones thinking i could save a few $$$, and they're fine, but they didn't feel sturdy enough to put weight on, so I got the mopar ones.

FatBoy01 is correct, the mopar ones do hang down. It taps me on the head/shoulder almost every time i climb in/out of the driver's seat, and when I'm driving, I find myself tucking the handle up in between the door and sport bar, just so it doesn't get in the way. I tied up the passenger side with paracord, and will probably do the same on the driver side.

I wanted them for doorless days, so I have a place to hang my left hand. Will see if they stay on or not.

Sponsored

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought these for my Rubi weā€™re picking up Saturday. Havenā€™t received them yet. I like that the handles fold up out of the way. Bought red to match the paint color.

https://gpca.us/shop/gp-grip-pro/
Had the mopar ones and then went with these. Tucking the mopar up between the door and sport bar was getting annoying and when I saw these GPCA ones, I liked the look and style. Theyā€™re Velcro which I believe the OP wanted to avoid, but Iā€™ve put a lot of weight on mine with no worry in failure.

A6811002-4883-48F2-81BA-E4EEE72C7188.jpeg

90565171-5B14-48D6-8D27-29978B403A5A.jpeg

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the mopar ones and then went with these. Tucking the mopar up between the door and sport bar was getting annoying and when I saw these GPCA ones, I liked the look and style. Theyā€™re Velcro which I believe the OP wanted to avoid, but Iā€™ve put a lot of weight on mine with no worry in failure.

A6811002-4883-48F2-81BA-E4EEE72C7188.jpeg

90565171-5B14-48D6-8D27-29978B403A5A.jpeg
Dang, those are pretty dope! What are you people trying to do to me? lol

Looks like there might be interference with where my spiderwebshade hooks to the bottom of the plastic trim, though. Otherwise these look perfect.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, those are pretty dope! What are you people trying to do to me? lol

Looks like there might be interference with where my spiderwebshade hooks to the bottom of the plastic trim, though. Otherwise these look perfect.
Iā€™m not sure how your shade attaches or the location of the anchors but since this is velcroed, it can be slid fore and aft as needed. I had to tweak mine slightly when I changed over from hard top to soft top.
I can take better pics tomorrow if you want a better look at the sport bar and where/how it attaches. Itā€™d be no problem

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m not sure how your shade attaches or the location of the anchors but since this is velcroed, it can be slid fore and aft as needed. I had to tweak mine slightly when I changed over from hard top to soft top.
I can take better pics tomorrow if you want a better look at the sport bar and where/how it attaches. Itā€™d be no problem
Sure, that would be super helpful! See below screen grabs from youtube of where they attach. Thank you in advance.

spider.JPG

spider2.JPG

Sponsored

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Those look great. Seems to be higher up which should keep it from hitting my head. My only concern is how it attaches.

The Mopar handle puts all potential weight to the bar through the metal portion via a bracket. Since this one goes all around it goes around the plastic trim as well. Any issues with too much stress on the trim?

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look great. Seems to be higher up which should keep it from hitting my head. My only concern is how it attaches.

The Mopar handle puts all potential weight to the bar through the metal portion via a bracket. Since this one goes all around it goes around the plastic trim as well. Any issues with too much stress on the trim?
This was a concern of mine with the quadratec ones, also. When putting weight on them, the plastic trim did flex. These GPCA ones look like they distribute the weight a little more.

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
These work pretty good. Ordered them on the Bartack web site. $100 for 4

Mul%w30rQC2j20byY93JOg.jpg

XbJNAE7ORf6xyFBTiBnoUg.jpg

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
How do you even get in with your arm in the way? I find the factory pillar position the most convenient to get in with.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok gang, took some more pics of the GPCA handles. Iā€™m assuming the spiderweb shade anchors are screwed into the 2 screws on the underside. It looks like you can maneuver the handle accordingly to still attach the shade bungees, which can probably slide through the ā€œwindowā€ created between the 2 Velcro straps (if you are getting when Iā€™m trying to describe). I hope these help.

9A31BFAA-690C-4414-BA7B-A553123EE1B8.jpeg

96505D86-0F0B-4B58-B6AD-EAF9C2478775.jpeg

3DBB854A-8EA4-4773-8D93-6EB4BC4D67B3.jpeg
Sponsored