Gotta weird Rattle

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Has anybody experienced this? Got a rattle sound coming from the front top dash area ( storage tray) of my 21 JLR when doing 65 + on the highway. Pressed down on the dash & topstorage tray but does not seem loose at all. Maybe it’s outside from the hood area? Any ideas much appreciated.

Thx in advance
Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I had a rattle similar to this coming from the front also. Checked everywhere, but but found it was coming from the passenger mirror. Sounds weird, but squeeze the mirror together with the window down. It might be your culprit.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I had a rattle similar to this coming from the front also. Checked everywhere, but but found it was coming from the passenger mirror. Sounds weird, but squeeze the mirror together with the window down. It might be your culprit.
Thx a lot. Will definitely check the mirror on the next highway drive.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
By the way, forgot to ask lol . how did u resolve it?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody experienced this? Got a rattle sound coming from the front top dash area ( storage tray) of my 21 JLR when doing 65 + on the highway. Pressed down on the dash & topstorage tray but does not seem loose at all. Maybe it’s outside from the hood area? Any ideas much appreciated.

Thx in advance
Had/have something similar. Try pulling your sun visor down a bit. The bumps are not quite lined up on mine and plan to add a little stick on rubber foot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Had/have something similar. Try pulling your sun visor down a bit. The bumps are not quite lined up on mine and plan to add a little stick on rubber foot.
Will definitely give that a try also. Thx a lot.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My visors occasionally buzz at certain speeds as well, except they only go quiet after a light upward push into the roof stops. Also, I remember reading a post from way back about sticking little round pieces of the soft side of velcro on the roof stops, which aren't soft enough in themselves to prevent vibration.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
My visors occasionally buzz at certain speeds as well, except they only go quiet after a light upward push into the roof stops. Also, I remember reading a post from way back about sticking little round pieces of the soft side of velcro on the roof stops, which aren't soft enough in themselves to prevent vibration.
Thank U for the info. Much appreciated

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I resolved the mirror rattle by prying it apart and applying light seam of Gorilla glue. I know, it sounds cheesy, but it worked.
Sponsored