Tags:
  1. Ydeeps

Ydeeps Member

First Name:
    Carter
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
    Liked:
    I've had my 2019 JLU for a few months and about 2 weeks ago I noticed a rattle whenever I hit a small(like a seam between 2 pours of concrete) or large bump at any speed. It lasts for half a second or so after I hit the bump so I believe something is loose but cannot find it! I have installed a new front bumper and sidesteps. I also have a 3" lift with some larger tires that I had a shop install and then had them retorqued after about 1k miles of driving. I also removed the back tire carrier. With all that said this rattle is driving my nuts!!! It is loud enough to hear while the radio is on at a modest volume. It is a fairly deep tone which makes me think it is a larger part on my Jeep and sounds towards the middle or back of the vehicle. Any suggestions on how to track this down or what it could be?

2. OP
    OP
    Ydeeps

Ydeeps Member

First Name:
    Carter
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
    Liked:
    I found out that the gas cover/insert was loose and was rattling every bump that I hit. I took it out and replaced it with a new one that had a cover on it. This seems to have fixed the problem, so I believe I had a bad part from the factory.

HeavyUser and mreloc like this.