Weird issue

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
I have a 2019JL(650 miles) Sahara unlimited with all the bells and whistles. I live in NJ and it was a very cold night. This morning i go to the Jeep to get something out of the back seat and hear a ticking sound. Looking all over i didn't see anything and figured it was the Uconnect system because the doors were open. I go to the front driver seat and still hearing the ticking. I look at the dash and the speedometer was ticking up and down every so slightly. Now im curious. I start the Jeep and within 30 seconds i start to get warning that the traction control is off. I drive it down the road and the speedometer is not working however the digital display is. As the Jeep warms up the system appeared to reboot itself . All the dash displays went blank and appeared like you just entered the Jeep before you start it. After the reboot all systems worked fine including the speedometer. I brought it to the Jeep dealer who never heard of this ( Yet ). They ran a full system diag. and all checked out fine. They said keep an eye out and if it happens again to leave it with them overnight to see if it happens again with the cold weather. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please send an update. I'm bringing mine back to the dealer.

Thanks!!!

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I have a 2019JL(650 miles) Sahara unlimited with all the bells and whistles. I live in NJ and it was a very cold night. This morning i go to the Jeep to get something out of the back seat and hear a ticking sound. Looking all over i didn't see anything and figured it was the Uconnect system because the doors were open. I go to the front driver seat and still hearing the ticking. I look at the dash and the speedometer was ticking up and down every so slightly. Now im curious. I start the Jeep and within 30 seconds i start to get warning that the traction control is off. I drive it down the road and the speedometer is not working however the digital display is. As the Jeep warms up the system appeared to reboot itself . All the dash displays went blank and appeared like you just entered the Jeep before you start it. After the reboot all systems worked fine including the speedometer. I brought it to the Jeep dealer who never heard of this ( Yet ). They ran a full system diag. and all checked out fine. They said keep an eye out and if it happens again to leave it with them overnight to see if it happens again with the cold weather. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks in advance!!!

I would make sure all the fuses are seated properly. You would be surprised at just how poorly seated most of the fuses in the fuse box are seated, most of mine when I checked were not pushed down all the way to fully seated position. I also had some very weird electronics issues, not quied te like yours but all seems better since I seated all the fuses
Sponsored