First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So got bit by the Jeep bug now itching to get into one. My local dealership has the near perfect configuration I've been looking for. The window sticker says 48K but they have it listed for 44K online.

Is this a good price or should I try negotiating for a better number?

Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - 8Spd Auto - Cold Weather Package - Hard Top - Tow & HD Electrical
Untitled.png
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
It's a good deal. Not an exceptional deal, but a good deal. That's about 8.5% below invoice MSRP, which would likely be about 3% below invoice. Many of us who are doing custom orders are getting 10-12% below MSRP (5-6% below invoice). But those are on custom orders which aren't already on the lot, and we have to wait 6-10 weeks for our Jeep. If you really like that Jeep, go for it. You can try negotiating a bit more - you may save another $1k or so if you negotiate hard enough. But at the end of the day if you can walk out of there paying $44k without any "secret add-on charges", it's a pretty decent deal.

Do be forewarned that many times these dealers advertise these low online rates, and then try to sell you a bunch of ancillary and unnecessary add-ons during the financing piece. So be prepared for them to try to sell you tire rust protection, or sasquatch attack insurance, or whatever new made-up thing they thought of this week...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That's not a bad price for California. I calculate it at 3.5% below invoice.

5% below invoice is kind of the benchmark for a good price, which would be about $43,285 for that Jeep.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It's a good deal. Not an exceptional deal, but a good deal. That's about 8.5% below invoice MSRP, which would likely be about 3% below invoice. Many of us who are doing custom orders are getting 10-12% below MSRP (5-6% below invoice). But those are on custom orders which aren't already on the lot, and we have to weight 6-10 weeks for our Jeep. If you really like that Jeep, go for it. You can try negotiating a bit more - you may save another $1k or so if you negotiate hard enough. But at the end of the day if you can walk out of there paying $44k without any "secret add-on charges", it's a pretty decent deal.

Do be forewarned that many times these dealers advertise these low online rates, and then try to sell you a bunch of ancillary and unnecessary add-ons during the financing piece. So be prepared for them to try to sell you tire rust protection, or sasquatch attack insurance, or whatever new made-up thing they thought of this week...
Good point. I would not be surprised if that online price has some strings attached. That price should include everything except TTL + doc fee.

OP
OP
agc6572

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Really appreciate the input & yea that's the price before taxes/fees. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a horrible deal.

Stopped by to take a look at her and she's a beauty! Didn't do any talking on numbers though. I'l update once I do go back. Will most likely fiance through my credit union.

IMG-1951.JPG

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Really appreciate the input & yea that's the price before taxes/fees. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a horrible deal.

Stopped by to take a look at her and she's a beauty! Didn't do any talking on numbers though. I'l update once I do go back. Will most likely fiance through my credit union.

IMG-1951.JPG
She's a beaut! But admittedly I'm biased towards white JL's. And frankly she would look a lot better covered with a bit of mud, which you can easily fix after buying it :)

One thing to keep in mind is that many times dealers offer those great deals based on you financing through their preferred financial institution. That's because they're getting a kickback from that bank, so they can make less from the sale of the Jeep since they're making some more money from the bank. Nothing wrong with this - my advice is to just get a quote from your credit union in writing, and then tell the dealer you are happy to go through their preferred financial institution as long as they can match your credit union's terms. 9 out of 10 times, they can.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Sounds like a fair deal to me. Not as great as some, but its available and on the lot. Certainly not a ripoff if everything else is straightforward.
Sponsored