Good Dealer Experience

Apoznan

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
So trying to make a long story short. I received my 2020 Sahara in September. As the weather was getting colder, the front left dash speaker began to crackle. Not too bad, but bad enough that I started keeping an eye on it. I went to Buhler & Bitter in Hazlet, NJ, even though I didn't purchase the vehicle from them, as they are not too far, and the reviews made me think they would be much better than my local dealer.

They replaced the front left speaker. This didn't solve the crackle issue, but since it wasn't too bad, I figured "Jeep Thing" and moved on.

But then it got colder. Under 50 and both front speakers crackled. Under 40, and the speakers would be very loud and angry. Under 30, and the speakers screamed at me in a high pitch until the truck warmed up, which would sometimes take 20 minutes. Considering I work 20 minutes from home, this couldn't continue.

I shut off the sound to the two front speakers, which worked fine as a temporary solution, unless I received a phone call, or used the back-up cam, which would cause the front speakers to activate, and the screaming continue. If the speakers weren't shut off when I got in, the screaming would go for a few minutes even if I shut off the radio. It was fun.

I went back to Buhler & Bitter, and they ordered me a new head unit, which of course FCA had on a significant back up. Few months later, they received it, and installed it within a day or two.

Didn't fix the problem.

Dropped it off to them on a Friday, they gave me a 2 door sport as a loaner vehicle, and went to work.

1 week later, they replaced an amp, completely fixed the issue.

The service manager I worked with, Mike, was patient, and determined to fix my issue. (even gave me his cell # at one point, which I would never use, because c'mon, but still) The 2 door sport was a blast to drive (and thankfully had a soft top, as I managed to lock myself out within the first 4 hours).

When FCA comes out with the 3 row, I will be bringing my wife's GC straight to them to trade it in.

Their patience and determination have made me loyal for life.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That experience is unique among Jeep dealers.

Considered yourself blessed!

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Are you for real, I can't tell...sounds like kinda a lot of months to get the radio to work

OP
OP

Apoznan

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Oh, I'm for real. Can't blame the dealer for an FCA backorder. I was very impressed that they didn't throw their hands in the air and say they had to clue how to fix it.

Also, keep in mind that until I left it there overnight, they never even heard the sound, as it warmed up by the time I got to them.

It's true I had to be super patient throughout, but so did they. We didn't have 1 uncomfortable or angry moment.

Fully recommend.

We hear so many horror stories about bad dealer service departments. This was not one of them.

ctJLnewbie

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Audi TT '10 Audi S5 '12 BMW X5d '17 Ibis RipleyLS '18 Wrangler JL
Seems like we hear too many stories about bad dealers (I'm sure those stories are well deserved sadly), so I wanted to endorse my dealer in Connecticut - Fitzpatrick's in Ansonia. I have 2 other dealers that are closer, but these guys are worth the extra 10 minutes of driving.

I had a great buying experience a year ago, and yesterday had a great service. In the time of Corona virus, they made drop off, pick up and the entire service quick, safe and easy.

No word on the clutch recall timing, but they changed the oil, replaced the steering damper and performed the soft top recall (ha! - they gave me extra instructions on how to secure the rear windows).
Sponsored