Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, admittedly errors do happen. But dealers don’t just promote any dummy to Sales Manager, and often Sales Managers don’t even have final say on the numbers; they need approval from the General Manager or from the dealer principal.

Most likely, they didn’t make as much money on another deal and are now looking for a sucker to make up the difference.

So don’t feel bad; my guess is they are not remotely close to being $3,000 off on this deal. If they were, they wouldn’t have agreed to it.
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
You're not alone in this sales "error" thing. While my wife and I negotiated a deal on a Dodge minivan last year our $2000 down payment vanished from final paperwork at signing.

My wife quickly discovered it since she is an accounts payable coordinator and performs long lines of calculations weekly.
The sales manager acted overly surprised about it. We both felt as if it was an act and that the down payment was missing accidentally on purpose.
Later we found online reviews on that dealership stating the exact thing happened to their down payment and pricing errors found at signing.
Buyer beware.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
y'all both should know the sales tax rate for vehicles in your state.
Sponsored