eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Hey everyone,

I really don’t want to go back to the dealer for the 900th time. Does anyone know how I can get a list of codes to tell me what is wrong with my Jeep?

I went to autozone and o Reilly’s and they couldn’t help me.

When I’m in RUN the CEL is on. Tbis means I have a soft engine code, am I right?

The other codes I want are electrical codes.

Thanks

Love my Jeep but hate how I’m having issues.
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Are you in RUN with the engine started?

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
If you are in run the CEL will be on. If the Jeep is running with no CEL then you have no codes.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Autozone didn’t run their code scanner on it?
Autozone and o reliey both tried and got nothing. I had autozone do it 3 months ago, I went to the dealer and they showed me a sheet of electronic codes they could pick up

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
He did say " when in Run the CEL is on ". So, yes there are codes. I see a Code Reader that might help, called "Blue Driver", Wal-Mart, Advance Auto, $99 or so. Advertised as equalling dealer for Code information, check it out.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
The Jeep was not running but the ignition was on RUN. Why would the CEL stay on when all the other lights that flash and disappear when I engage RUN Besides CEL.

Only reason I’m worried and want to see is b/c dealer put 6.5 qts of 5W-30 into my wrangler.

Only realized this because my oil pressure monitor on off-road pages was going crazy.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
The Jeep was not running but the ignition was on RUN. Why would the CEL stay on when all the other lights that flash and disappear when I engage RUN Besides CEL.

Only reason I’m worried and want to see is b/c dealer put 6.5 qts of 5W-30 into my wrangler.

Only realized this because my oil pressure monitor on off-road pages was going crazy.
Nothing to worry about unless the CEL is on when the motor is running .. as far as the oil , I would get that to the correct level

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
The radio is a known problem with the JL has nothing to do with over fill of oil. The radio won’t pop a CEL. If you have a CEL light on it will only be on while the engine is running for a code to be there. Other codes will appear in memory to help a tech determine problems. The CEL mostly deals with engine, transmission, and emissions quality problems.

Sponsored

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
In the JK you could get the codes anytime by turning the key three times from off to run within 5 seconds and it would display any CEL codes on the evic display. I wonder if JLs have a similar sequence

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
In the JK you could get the codes anytime by turning the key three times from off to run within 5 seconds and it would display any CEL codes on the evic display. I wonder if JLs have a similar sequence
YJ’s had the same thing, except the check engine light would blink at you and you had to watch it and count the numbers. It took a while on my YJ :CWL:

Somehow I doubt the JL has a similar feature. It’d be nice though!