Sponsored

UPDATE in post #12 - She sits at the dealer ready to be picked tomorrow. Now it hinges on the FCA affiliates website getting back online.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
FCA Affiliate Rewards (fcausaffiliates.com)
So, I got my Tread lightly code issued on 12-7-20. The directions stated that I could get 2 codes during my 1 year subscription to Tread Lightly. Fast forward to yesterday when I was finalizing everything with my dealer. He stated that my 1st code ran out at the end of 2020. HAD I KNOWN THAT, I would have obviously waited till 2021 to get my 1st code.

I said to my self: "Self, no big deal - just apply for another code". I called the 888 number and they stated that they no longer gave codes over the phone due to security issues. I said OK, I would do it on line today after work. The pic below is what I ran into. I called FCA again and they said the National website was down and all dealers (and hence all us little civilians) were being affected.

So tomorrow, if the website is not back up and running, it will be a quite anticlimactic day. She will sit, there alone as can be until the electronic gods see fit to let us be together. All joking aside though I will not be handing over a check until this snafu is solved. AND I highly doubt the dealer will sell it to me for the agreed upon price if a code can not be provided. I have looped him in on the issue and he said to come in tomorrow anyhow. We shall see...

Jeep Wrangler JL UPDATE in post #12 -  She sits at the dealer ready to be picked tomorrow. Now it hinges on the FCA affiliates website getting back online. fca
Sponsored

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The good news is, if the FCA system is down, no one else is getting their control numbers, either.

Sponsored

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
FCA Affiliate Rewards (fcausaffiliates.com)
So, I got my Tread lightly code issued on 12-7-20. The directions stated that I could get 2 codes during my 1 year subscription to Tread Lightly. Fast forward to yesterday when I was finalizing everything with my dealer. He stated that my 1st code ran out at the end of 2020. HAD I KNOWN THAT, I would have obviously waited till 2021 to get my 1st code.

I said to my self: "Self, no big deal - just apply for another code". I called the 888 number and they stated that they no longer gave codes over the phone due to security issues. I said OK, I would do it on line today after work. The pic below is what I ran into. I called FCA again and they said the National website was down and all dealers (and hence all us little civilians) were being affected.

So tomorrow, if the website is not back up and running, it will be a quite anticlimactic day. She will sit, there alone as can be until the electronic gods see fit to let us be together. All joking aside though I will not be handing over a check until this snafu is solved. AND I highly doubt the dealer will sell it to me for the agreed upon price if a code can not be provided. I have looped him in on the issue and he said to come in tomorrow anyhow. We shall see...

fca.png
Dude, good to hear your JL is finally built and ready for you to bring it home. Hopefully you get your code AND you can use the Bonus Cash email. Good luck with all that.

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Whew...MANY THANKS to Courtney, an excellent customer svs rep. She took the time to try and find a solution to the issue instead of just stating that they were having web site issues. That/those poor folks are having real issues there. She found a work-around for me and now I am good to go! Had to register under a different email addy and set up a new acct. Should pick up the JP around noon today. WOOT!