voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running the Dynatrac 2" lift on my '19 4-door Sahara for a while. The ride, the dampening, and the cornering have been fine, but the steering did not feel right. There was too much play around in the dead zone and too much adjustment needed when driving on a highway.

I started with adding control arms from the Mopar lift kit, which are about 1/4" longer than stock, to improve the caster. Then I replaced the stock steering stabilizer (which has been replaced by the dealer twice) with Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer. This helped a bit, but the steering was still too loose for my taste.

At the Chicago Auto show I spoke with AEV folks (who were exhibiting some sweet rides, BTW), who told me that they always install geometry correction brackets, even on their smallest 2" lifts.

After this conversation. I purchased and installed Rancho geometry correction brackets, and finally the steering is spot on! There is nice heaviness around the center, the Jeep is much more enjoyable to drive on the highway, and the ride on bumpy surfaces has improved as well.

Hope this will help someone's suspension journey.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...At the Chicago Auto show I spoke with AEV folks (who were exhibiting some sweet rides, BTW), who told me that they always install geometry correction brackets, even on their smallest 2" lifts.

After this conversation. I purchased and installed Rancho geometry correction brackets, and finally the steering is spot on!...
Great feedback, thanks for sharing!! I do have a question for you though:

What influenced you to purchase the rancho geo brackets instead of the AEV ones? Both are great products.

I find it odd and can’t imagine someone at AEV endorsing the rancho ones since they sell their own version of them. LOL.

mrbufton

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur,2006 power wagon
I've been running the Dynatrac 2" lift on my '19 4-door Sahara for a while. The ride, the dampening, and the cornering have been fine, but the steering did not feel right. There was too much play around in the dead zone and too much adjustment needed when driving on a highway.

I started with adding control arms from the Mopar lift kit, which are about 1/4" longer than stock, to improve the caster. Then I replaced the stock steering stabilizer (which has been replaced by the dealer twice) with Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer. This helped a bit, but the steering was still too loose for my taste.

At the Chicago Auto show I spoke with AEV folks (who were exhibiting some sweet rides, BTW), who told me that they always install geometry correction brackets, even on their smallest 2" lifts.

After this conversation. I purchased and installed Rancho geometry correction brackets, and finally the steering is spot on! There is nice heaviness around the center, the Jeep is much more enjoyable to drive on the highway, and the ride on bumpy surfaces has improved as well.

Hope this will help someone's suspension journey.

mrbufton

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur,2006 power wagon
Did you use the drop brackets with the longer mopar control arms

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
I chose Rancho over AEV because they the Rancho ones have 3 holes for different lift sizes. Interestingly enough, they recommend the top hole for a 2" lift, but using the middle hole put the caster where it should be.

I kept longer Mopar control arms as well.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I chose Rancho over AEV because they the Rancho ones have 3 holes for different lift sizes. Interestingly enough, they recommend the top hole for a 2" lift, but using the middle hole put the caster where it should be.

I kept longer Mopar control arms as well.
Do you remember/know your caster number after install?

I plan to add with Mopar lift and utilize center hole position from other post I’ve read. Thanks

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
The caster after the bracket was 5.7. From reading the forums, somewhere around 6 seems to be the sweet spot.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The caster after the bracket was 5.7. From reading the forums, somewhere around 6 seems to be the sweet spot.
Great. That is where I am trying to get to as well. Thanks

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
Modifying the Jeep for serious off-roading is not the highest priority for me. I did not measure before and after, but I seriously doubt the loss would be more than one inch. I hope I can still make it over Chicago potholes.

Sponsored

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modifying the Jeep for serious off-roading is not the highest priority for me. I did not measure before and after, but I seriously doubt the loss would be more than one inch. I hope I can still make it over Chicago potholes.
LOL I grew up in Lombard just outside of Chicago. I would not want to try those potholes without a 4" lift and 37's!!

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
Adjustable control arms is definitely another option that I have considered. From what I read, in addition to helping with caster, geometry correction brackets lower the mounting point of control arms, which adds some benefits as well.

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adjustable control arms is definitely another option that I have considered. From what I read, in addition to helping with caster, geometry correction brackets lower the mounting point of control arms, which adds some benefits as well.
That makes a lot of sense since the arms are more parallel to the ground. I am glad that there are options out there!

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I used the top hole with my mopar lift and got 6.7 degrees of caster.

Hope this helps. The top hole makes the arm the MOST parallel to the ground.

I kept the longer arms.

Anyone see the new AEV stamped brackets that just came out? Any one try those yet?
Sponsored