First Name
Adam Lewisca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Razor
Occupation
Driver
As some know I’m working on a outdoor cooking area.... I already have a 4 gallon Cajun fryer by RV works.... blackstone griddle ( modidfied by me)... a fire pit/ charcoal grill built by me... finishing up on a brick pit..... I have a vertical cooker that I built and love.... it’s essentially a firebox/ warmer that would go on a 30 inch diameter cook chamber..... I’m toying with the idea of a gas grill too... yes I could prolly buy burners and make my on.... but still thinking of purchasing one.... the problem I as most have in a few years the burner peter out..... that being said..... what is a really good brand with exceptionally good burners....... thx
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Fire magic is top notch. I prefer a pellet grill though.

manningliam

First Name
manning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw mercedes
I've also got a cooking place with gas grill, pretty nice thing. I just love the atmosphere when the whole magic of cooking is in progress. I mean, when you love cooking and it becomes your hobby, it's so great. Moreover, when you possess necessary equipment, your experience becomes even brighter. That's why I suggest you purchase qualitative, durable gas grills. For instane, when I was just starting cooking, I was confused which gas grill is better, which one should I purchase and so on, however the best advice here would be to find a trustworthy source, where there are written honest reviews and guides, written basing on real-life experience. I've found well fed blog and thanks to it I'm now satisfied with all the products and appliances I buy!

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Adam,
Everyone needs a gas grill, regardless of what other grills and smokers they have. I have 5 different outdoor cookers, but I still needed my 20 year old gas grill which I recently fully stripped and rebuilt with new cast stainless burners and grates. Certain types of cooking like some veggies are just a good fit on a gasser.

There's so many things to consider when buying a gas grill. But in the end, budget will be a big driver on your choice, unless you're budget is unlimited. My neighbor, a partner for Deloitte, just bought a gas grill that was about $5k. That seems over the top by about twofold for me, even if I wanted one bad. So, it boils down to budget, like always.

Here's what I would consider in my next gas grill, if I ever buy another. The grill would have a lot of stainless steel. It would have either stainless steel or bare cast iron grates (no porcelain coating on the grates). The burners would be stainless steel. It would be a popular brand that has parts available.

There's a lot of good choices out there and pricing is very competitive. I've seen some Costco (Kirkland labeled) grills that had a high percentage of stainless steel construction. Of course, a Weber Genesis or Summit is a decent way to go. But steer clear of the grates that have porcelain coating, unless you like eating glass. It will eventually start coming off.

BBQ Guys.com is a good place to shop.

ArthurHolo

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LancerX, Yamaha, Jeep
I'm planning to rebuild my backyard, and since my old grill isn't good enough, I want to get a new one. I'm looking for something good and not very expensive. Maybe something like this one, but I'm not sure yet because still trying to choose between a full outside kitchen or just a comfortable place for bbq. The only thing I know is that I'm definitely going to buy a gas grill with a large cooking area.

This is what we have so far, and we want to make it more comfortable to cook and sit there with family and friends.

backyard1.jpeg

backyard2.jpeg

backyard3.jpeg

backyard4.jpeg

Sponsored

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My advice would be go with easily sourced parts. Even quality grills degrade from the heat.
I replaced the burner tubes and grates for a gifted Weber that’s gotta be 20-30 years old, now works like a charm.
I would second buying stainless if you can obviously, though my old one isn’t stainless and the outside is still ok (just weathered) though I do keep it covered.
The burner parts are what I’d care about.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
what is a really good brand with exceptionally good burners....... thx
Weber. They last until you’re sick of them. I ditched my 25 year old one last year so that I could upgrade to a bigger one. Every part is easily sourced and replaceable.

Arnoldzz5

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Tussich, if there would be an option to choose the best option as a gas grill, I would get Char-Broil 463673519 performance model. It's one of the best gas grills in the specific segment of outdoor kitchen's stuff. I've been searching for some other good models of gas grills, and found this site with Weber or Char-Broil gas grill? article, which opened me eyes on some specific things, related to BBQ and backyard grills cooking. It's pretty informative article.
Sponsored

Last edited: