Sponsored

FUEL Tires

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Most wheels are made in China. Most quality tires sold in the US are made here, including Toyo and Nitto which are Japanese brands.
Mickey Thompson, Cooper, and Goodyear are mostly USA made too!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Sahara JLU
Occupation
retired
That would be great, thanks!

For the ride to your friend’s house, was that on the factory K02 All terrains, or the optional Wildpeak Mud terrains?
They were the BFG K02s. Now wife wants me to put them on here Sahara when I get my 35s. lol....

OP
OP

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
That would be great, thanks!

For the ride to your friend’s house, was that on the factory K02 All terrains, or the optional Wildpeak Mud terrains?
Finally got my tires, wheels, and lift yesterday. 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 18" Fuel Coverts, and 2.5" ready lift. On the way home the road noise was not much different than the stock K02s. What I did notice was the handling was a bit jerky\sensitive, but I think that's the ready lift which I think is nothing more than spacers in the springs. Maybe one day will get a better lift, but this was included in my purchase price with the dealer. Bottom line is these RGs seem to be much better and quieter than my previous TOYO Open Road RTs and very much like the stock K02s.

Also if anyone has recommendations on the proper air pressure I should run in the Nitto I'd appreciate it. Looks like they put in about 40 psi. For road use what is best???

Thanks!

20210514_153922.jpg

20210514_161221.jpg

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Finally got my tires, wheels, and lift yesterday. 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 18" Fuel Coverts, and 2.5" ready lift. On the way home the road noise was not much different than the stock K02s. What I did notice was the handling was a bit jerky\sensitive, but I think that's the ready lift which I think is nothing more than spacers in the springs. Maybe one day will get a better lift, but this was included in my purchase price with the dealer. Bottom line is these RGs seem to be much better and quieter than my previous TOYO Open Road RTs and very much like the stock K02s.

Also if anyone has recommendations on the proper air pressure I should run in the Nitto I'd appreciate it. Looks like they put in about 40 psi. For road use what is best???

Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL FUEL Tires 20210514_161221

Jeep Wrangler JL FUEL Tires 20210514_161221
Love those wheels ! Looks awesome!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The squirminess is just how new tires with aggressive tread ride for the first few hundred miles. 40 PSI is probably high, try 35 and go from there. You may wind up as low as 32.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
The squirminess is just how new tires with aggressive tread ride for the first few hundred miles. 40 PSI is probably high, try 35 and go from there. You may wind up as low as 32.
Thanks! At 35 the ride might be better, but is this a good pressure for tire wear?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yes. Too much air pressure will wear the center of the tread out quicker and will result in a poor ride and handling. Too little air will lead to the outsides wearing quicker, poor handling and if too low will increase the likelihood of a blow out or rolling the bead off the wheel.

If you’re curious, take a piece of chalk and make a fat line across the surface of the tread. Drive slowly down your street for a few rotations of the tire, then get out and see where the chalk wore off. If it wore off the center, let some air out. If it wore off at the edges, add some air. If it wore off evenly across the tread you have your PSI just right.

OP
OP

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Cool! Sounds like a neat trick that I will try! Thx!

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Yes. Too much air pressure will wear the center of the tread out quicker and will result in a poor ride and handling. Too little air will lead to the outsides wearing quicker, poor handling and if too low will increase the likelihood of a blow out or rolling the bead off the wheel.

If you’re curious, take a piece of chalk and make a fat line across the surface of the tread. Drive slowly down your street for a few rotations of the tire, then get out and see where the chalk wore off. If it wore off the center, let some air out. If it wore off at the edges, add some air. If it wore off evenly across the tread you have your PSI just right.
That's a very cool tip about the chalk, thanks for sharing that!

OP
OP

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Trying the "chalk" trick took the psi down to 30. This psi still left a small amount of chalk on the outside, about 1-2 inches.

What I am left with however is a warning light to inflate my psi to 37. How do I get rid of that. Don't see a menu item in the settings for this that will remove\change it. Thans!
Sponsored