KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't Falken made in China or Asia though? There are so many options for US or Canadian made tires that I've never considered Falken for that reason alone.
Falken tires is a Japan company and originally made there but currently they have manufacturing plants in other countries, including the USA (as of 2016ish). Not sure where the A/T3W are made though?
Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Falken tires is a Japan company and originally made there but currently they have manufacturing plants in other countries, including the USA (as of 2016ish). Not sure where the A/T3W are made though?
Every size I've looked up in that model is made in Thailand.

Reactions: KDB

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Kenda Klever AT2s. I opted for the P285/70-17 because I don't do any aggressive off-roading that might puncture the sidewalls. These weigh in at 48lbs, are fairly quiet and do good in the snow. I actually gained 2mpg over the stock 255/75-17 BFG KO2s. An can't beat the price. A set of 5 ran under $700.

Jeep Wrangler JL All Terrain Tires for Fuel Economy 4345884F-61C7-4784-ADFA-32C4D1C2CD15
Jeep Wrangler JL All Terrain Tires for Fuel Economy 61CF0ACD-C79E-4256-BB6C-A310EF37EEAC

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Aren't Falken made in China or Asia though? There are so many options for US or Canadian made tires that I've never considered Falken for that reason alone.
Not sure, Iā€™d have to check. Iā€™m that guy that tries to buy American made as much as possible though. In this instance my buying decision was based solely on testing results, so I didnā€™t consider the origin of the tire. I also didnā€™t see any real complaints of failures or whatnot that would be outside the normal rate for quality tires.

Would I buy the Falkens again? Absolutely. Are there other tires that are as good or better now? Probably, but I havenā€™t personally used them so I canā€™t really compare. My real world use of the AT3Wā€™s, for me, has shown they are an exceptional tire that punches well above its weight. Iā€™ll more than likely run them on my JLURD. The only other tire Iā€™m looking at are the Nittos, which is dependent on a couple factors that are less about the tire capabilityā€¦not to say they arenā€™t capable!

OP
OP
trwkane

trwkane

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Willys
Kenda Klever AT2s. I opted for the P285/70-17 because I don't do any aggressive off-roading that might puncture the sidewalls. These weigh in at 48lbs, are fairly quiet and do good in the snow. I actually gained 2mpg over the stock 255/75-17 BFG KO2s. An can't beat the price. A set of 5 ran under $700.

Jeep Wrangler JL All Terrain Tires for Fuel Economy 61CF0ACD-C79E-4256-BB6C-A310EF37EEAC
Looks good. How long have you had the Kenda's. How many miles on them?

Sponsored

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Interested in your opinion of them over time.
Well i just came back from a beach/dune drive and i can say that theyā€™re more suited for the task than the stock km2s in both damp and dry sand. They donā€™t sink down as much nor do they dig down when trying to accelerate. Iā€™m 100% sure they will be worse in mud but i havenā€™t done any severe mudding nor will i in the foreseeable future so so far Iā€™m happy with the change.

RickC137

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUL 3.6/Auto
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in P Metric (P285/70R17) I had them on a 2016 JK and on my current 2019 JLU. Soft ride. Only slightly louder that the OEM highway tread tires. It's really my wife's ride, and she likes the look. Surprisingly good wet performance. Not a real off-road tire but they kind of look the part.
Jeep Wrangler JL All Terrain Tires for Fuel Economy 20220626_202104

Last edited:

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Hey guys,

I've recently bought my first wrangler. I bought a 2022 Wrangler Willys 2 dr. I love the styling but it came equipped with Firestone Destination M/T2 and the mud terrain tires are a bit much for my use. I hear they are not great in snow and ice, get louder with time on road, and I'm not loving the fuel economy lol.

Needless to say I'm looking for a set of A/T's that perform decently off-road, are snow rated and are a little more well sorted for the highway.

Any suggestions out there with real world fuel economy numbers?
I put 33" General Grabber APTs on my '21 2dr. I chose that tire because it's a mild all terrain with a weight almost the same as the stock 32s that came from the factory. They're quiet and did very well at Moab last fall. My gas mileage didn't change one bit. Still averaging a bit over 24mpg in mixed driving.

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
I have around 4,000 miles on my BFGoodrich Trail Terrains and have zero complaint with them. Have not tried them in mud, but everywhere else they work great and no change in fuel mileage.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in P Metric (P285/70R17) I had them on a 2016 JK and on my current 2019 JLU. Soft ride. Only slightly louder that the OEM highway tread tires. It's really my wife's ride, and she likes the look. Surprisingly good wet performance. Not a real off-road tire but they kind of look the part.
You say they're not real off-road tires but I spent 7 years offroading with those and never had a puncture. Depends on your driving style of course - I go slow and am pretty careful (my friend popped 3 of the same tires in a year with a less attentive driving style). Highly recommend.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
For fuel economy, one needs to look at tire size, weight and roll resistance.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
For fuel economy, one needs to look at tire size, weight and roll resistance.
Yeah, typically their tread life warranty is a pretty good clue as well.
Sponsored