Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody seen this error on their dash? "Service Fuel Level Sensor". My fuel tank is full but the fuel leevl on the dash shows "low"
I made the obvious mistake and started replacing things with no resolution. The sensor is attached to the fuel pump so I pulled the tank thinking the fuel level sensor was bad and replaced the fuel pump/assembly module. With no results I replaced the Fuel Pump Control Module, no luck. I have also checked the large wiring harness connectors to ensure they are all seated as well as confirmed the fuel pump relay works which it does (the motor runs no problem).
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Royce
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubycon50

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly, Iā€™ll check. The old sensor did not work. The new one isnā€™t working. Both batteries were disconnected overnight. Entire system was rebooted using my Tazer.
Your suggestion regarding grounds is good and I have checked ā€˜mostā€™ of them, just a couple left that are not as accessible as the others.
I had another forum member contact me with the same issue.
Appreciate the feedback!

OP
OP
Rubycon50

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Have an update, I replaced the entire Mopar Chassis wiring harness last night and now the fuel level gauge is working again. This fix was a long time coming and a complete pain in the butt. Here are the details on the wiring harness:
Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Level Sensor Error 1598636082855

Just FYI, Had to remove the fuel tank to get it done. All good now and very happy.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
I have a similar issue - Range/fuel is going down, but the gauge is still showing Full. I takes about half range left (~150 miles), the fuel gauge starts to go down. There are no errors in OBDII or the dash. I took it to the dealer to assess and they say that they can't determine the issue.

OP
OP
Rubycon50

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have a similar issue - Range/fuel is going down, but the gauge is still showing Full. I takes about half range left (~150 miles), the fuel gauge starts to go down. There are no errors in OBDII or the dash. I took it to the dealer to assess and they say that they can't determine the issue.
If I had to guess it sounds like the Fuel level float on your fuel pump. I have replaced mine and have the old one to show what it looks like if youā€™re interested?

Sponsored

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had to guess it sounds like the Fuel level float on your fuel pump. I have replaced mine and have the old one to show what it looks like if youā€™re interested?
Sure - please send over a picture please.

OP
OP
Rubycon50

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you can just buy the fuel sensor and replace it. It could be that there is an issue where the it slides across the electrical contacts which then shows the fuel level. The float is hollow and could potentially have a leak showing off fuel levels but I doubt it. My float is starting to split on one end I just noticed now and itā€™s only got 20k on it from a 2018 model. Anyway, something to ponder at least.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Level Sensor Error FF1294A9-2A71-41A9-BD04-D9994BBF142F

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Since I'm still under warranty, I'll give this detail/tip to the dealer as I'd expect them to replace my fuel pump/level.

Khalidabu94

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Have an update, I replaced the entire Mopar Chassis wiring harness last night and now the fuel level gauge is working again. This fix was a long time coming and a complete pain in the butt. Here are the details on the wiring harness:
Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Level Sensor Error FF1294A9-2A71-41A9-BD04-D9994BBF142F

Just FYI, Had to remove the fuel tank to get it done. All good now and very happy.
This was for P0463 error? I have this error Service full level sensor, I saw other threads where you commented I have the same issue, check engine and fuel level sensor
Sponsored