Sponsored

Front Parksense issues

Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL WRANGLER Overland
Hello I was hoping to see if anyone was having the same problems as myself or know of a solution.

I'm having problems with my front parking sensors, I recently installed a new bumper (the animal offroad predator bar) and transferred the sensors over and now intermittently I'm getting detection (with no objects in the way) on the front and front left side of car. This gets worse during the rain with the message displaying on the dash "Front park sense unavailable please wipe sensors". This message will come and go with the parking sensors being red showing an object in the way.

I thought it would be better to post in the Aussie section as from what I understand the 'mericans don't have front Parksense.

Cheers
Zane
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have a 2 door Sport and I dont have parking sensors on the front.

it might be best to talk to the people who installed your bumper.

kieseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland
Not sure if you had this sorted, but it’s probably the sensors detecting the bumper or the ground due to the sensors not sitting flush.

I don’t have the Off-road animal but a copy of the Mopar steel bumper with parking sensor holes cut out, and I had to adjust the bezels and sensors a couple of times to ensure they were not overly sensitive and going off when there are no obstacles. Make sure they are as perpendicular at 90 degrees to the ground as possible, because if the sensors are angled to the ground, a bit of an incline on the road would make them go off.

Also, make sure the sensors are pushed all the way out, because if they are partly sunken into the bezel, it will go off from the bezel/bumper. The rain maybe water pooling in the gaps near the sensor if they are not flush with the bumper. Also, make sure they are snug and don’t move from vibrations.

In any case, I think it’s an issue with the installation/setup rather than the sensors themselves being faulty.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Turtle

Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL WRANGLER Overland
Not sure if you had this sorted, but it’s probably the sensors detecting the bumper or the ground due to the sensors not sitting flush.

I don’t have the Off-road animal but a copy of the Mopar steel bumper with parking sensor holes cut out, and I had to adjust the bezels and sensors a couple of times to ensure they were not overly sensitive and going off when there are no obstacles. Make sure they are as perpendicular at 90 degrees to the ground as possible, because if the sensors are angled to the ground, a bit of an incline on the road would make them go off.

Also, make sure the sensors are pushed all the way out, because if they are partly sunken into the bezel, it will go off from the bezel/bumper. The rain maybe water pooling in the gaps near the sensor if they are not flush with the bumper. Also, make sure they are snug and don’t move from vibrations.

In any case, I think it’s an issue with the installation/setup rather than the sensors themselves being faulty.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, i manged to work it out via an old focus forum :CWL:. when i plugged in the sensors it appears the rubber didnt seal properly around the plug and a small amout of water gets in the upsets the signal, i think i have sorted it and put a bit of loop tape around the plug for a bit of extra protection.

Coloureye

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V2 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hello All,
I have a new JL Rubicon with the front steel bumper, therefore no front parking sensors. Can I ask one of you that have front parking sensors from factory, to take a photo of the front wiring harness to supply me with the part number of the factory front bumper harness with sensors, so I can order this part and install into my jeep (with new sensors). Its on the drivers side, just inside the front bumper.

I know how to activate the front parking sensors via a JL Tazer programing tool.

Much appreciate.

rhill2901

First Name
Nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello All,
I have a new JL Rubicon with the front steel bumper, therefore no front parking sensors. Can I ask one of you that have front parking sensors from factory, to take a photo of the front wiring harness to supply me with the part number of the factory front bumper harness with sensors, so I can order this part and install into my jeep (with new sensors). Its on the drivers side, just inside the front bumper.

I know how to activate the front parking sensors via a JL Tazer programing tool.

Much appreciate.

Did you ever get what you needed to work? I got mine working with the front, but it never detects anything. There is no sign of a problem.
Sponsored