Sponsored

front diff skid?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The new Metalcloack front diff cover/skid now has the skid going back to diff and requires drilling the diff "wings". I was surprised when my arrived.

I'm not sure I want to drill the diff/axle housing with my Jeep still under warranty.

Has anyone else done this drilling?

Jeep Wrangler JL front diff  skid? 1618415265332
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I can't answer the immediate question since I have the first version that doesn't extend to the rear.

I don't mean this in a facetious manner, but when you ordered, did you not notice where the 2 bolts are secured to the wings in the pictures?

If you really don't want to drill 2 holes, you may want to consider reaching out to Matson & explain your surprise/discomfort & arrange to return. I can't say for certain , but he might understand.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
The new Metalcloack front diff cover/skid now has the skid going back to diff and requires drilling the diff "wings". I was surprised when my arrived.

I'm not sure I want to drill the diff/axle housing with my Jeep still under warranty.

Has anyone else done this drilling?

Jeep Wrangler JL front diff  skid? 1618415265332

We did make an update as you can see to make it stronger and hold up better when you have to back up so you can't catch the lip. Feel free to give me a call.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Reviving as I just noticed the redesign.
I specifically mentioned in another thread about the old design and backing up over obstacles.
I am glad you have updated it though.
For those of us with the old design, can we upgrade to the new design without having to purchase the cover again?

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Reviving as I just noticed the redesign.
I specifically mentioned in another thread about the old design and backing up over obstacles.
I am glad you have updated it though.
For those of us with the old design, can we upgrade to the new design without having to purchase the cover again?
Thank you. We do have the lower skid available and I want to say it is about $60. Give us a call and we can get an order for one going.

Sponsored

JL2021guy

First Name
JL2021guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 3.6
Occupation
Jeep fun
Latest update that we have is late summer. We are working with the foundry on covers but they first ones take some time.
What the oil capacity for the new front MC cover. Says to manufacturers specs but the fill plug is much higher requiring more than double fill… not sure if it would be overfilled all the way up to fill plug bc it’s like 3-4 in higher …

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
As noted in the instructions we retain stock capacity and you want to fill by volume.

larasilva1880

First Name
Lara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler Rubicon
is there a front diff skid in the works from metalcloak or should i pull the trigger on the Rancho one?

i plan on getting the full belly skid system and rear diff skid from metalcloak so figured if the front skid was coming i would wait.
Im curious now. I'll have to dig and search for it.
Sponsored