Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased the Freedom-Jack along with the FJ3 attachment that stores the doors and top panels. I bought the 4 door version, but this review will apply to both 2 door and 4 door. I paid full price for this and am not affiliated with nor received any type of discount or compensation for this review. This is simply an end-user honest review.

1. Ordering from the website was simple.
2. Order shipped immediately with timely and proper notifications.
3. Order arrived packed excellently with no damage.
4. All parts were in the package, nothing was missing.
5. Instructions were a little obtuse in the manual but there are very clear video instructions on the website/YouTube.
6. All parts are well made, sturdy. Everything fit together as it should.
7. The Freedom Jack works exactly as intended and makes putting the top on and off a snap. It takes longer to take out the bolts than remove the top.
8. The FJ3 attachment for the doors works fantastic with no real threat at all to dinging/damaging doors.
9. I have the 2 ton Harbor Freight hydraulic lift, and the newer design is NOT friendly to the FJ3 front panel holders. I am just putting them in the Jeep bag intended for storage right now.
10. I contacted Dale, the maker, inventor and owner of Freedom-Jack via email asking for a call for a clarification on a part of the installation. I received a call within 1/2 hour. Realized I had made a mistake and a few laughs later the whole jack was put together.

Now, I have to say the first time I took off my top with this jack I was a bit skeptical. Would it really hold? It SWIVELS?!?! And the answer to both is yes and yes. The part that holds the actual hardtop has to "swivel" in order to be placed correctly under the top then move when you are jacking it up to hold the top. One the weight of the top is on the lift, it doesn't move.

As I said earlier, the instructions are a little dense, obtuse if you will. The online videos are much better.

Quality is top notch.

Ok, now for the money part:
Harbor Freight 2 ton hoist on sale with discount: $129.00 + $8.19 sales tax
Freedom-Jack: $248.00
FJ3 Kit: $139..95
TOTAL OUT OF POCKET: $525.14

This jack will last me a long, long time. It will probably outlive the Harbor Freight hydraulic jack. It is stable, sturdy, well made of high-quality material, is well thought out and well-engineered.

I have no hesitation in recommending this jack to my compatriot Jeepers out there.

JEEP ON!

Jeep Wrangler JL Freedom-Jack Review IMG_1709
Jeep Wrangler JL Freedom-Jack Review IMG_1711
Jeep Wrangler JL Freedom-Jack Review IMG_1714
Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the exact same setup, recently acquired. It's a good budget-friendly option. If you look at @Chipe 's second picture, you'll notice a down-facing pivoting "hook." I think it's meant to hold the freedom panels in conjunction with the brackets at the bottom. It might work on a smaller jack, but on the HF 2-ton, it feels like a waste of time. Perhaps I'm missing something...

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I have the exact same setup, recently acquired. It's a good budget-friendly option. If you look at @Chipe 's second picture, you'll notice a down-facing pivoting "hook." I think it's meant to hold the freedom panels in conjunction with the brackets at the bottom. It might work on a smaller jack, but on the HF 2-ton, it feels like a waste of time. Perhaps I'm missing something...
No, you are absolutely correct. It is because the handle does not allow for the proper placement of the downward facing hook.

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
Is the one or two ton jack and this setup meant to store my top all summer long? What if I tilt the top down? Can the whole rig take that stress? Granted the top is bulky not necessarily heavy

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The top isn't that heavy, so either can do the trick. If you tilt it down a bit it will still stay on. However up is better, and yes, it can stay on the jack all summer. :)

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I like this idea, my current setup is my DIY ratchet straps from the ceiling, I do have it down pretty well I can get the top and doors off in about 15-20 mins depending on how well I get it angled in the garage. I have a Poorly located tool bench that I have to be about 1-2" from. I "had to" to make the misses happy so the top doesn't hang so close to the house door. in reality she is right and it is better that way so our boys don't keep running by and hitting it like the "Play Like a Champ Today" sign. This seems so much easier and mobile will have to look into after I replenish my Jeep Funds from my lift and tires.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
when you do I don't think you will be disappointed.
Sponsored