Sponsored

Freebies With Half Doors

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
I also ordered a Willys sport with half doors. Also received the power windows ,locks and mirrors. Speaking of freebies, starting in 2020 model year if you have power locks the module for remote start is the same. I bought a new key fob from my dealer with the remote button and they flashed it for me so now I have remote start. Problem for me is I don't want the power options. That is why I specifically ordered a willys sport. Now if I trade and leave off the half door option I also have to leave off AC to stay with the 5 inch radio which I also want. Still pondering what to do?
Sponsored

21RedRubi

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
You see them for sale often in that section and you are apparently able to order all the parts through Mopar. Then you just put them together and get them painted. There is a big thread on it somewhere here.
Yeah, I saw that post but I'm unsure how that works with all the bells and whistles that I enjoy on my full doors.
Keyed locks too.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, I saw that post but I'm unsure how that works with all the bells and whistles that I enjoy on my full doors.
Keyed locks too.
You build them. Including keying the locks to your key. If you found the thread, all the instructions are in that thread. People have done it. And it's not bad for pricing IIRC,.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Personally, I think half doors are useless in "half mode" (just man up and go doorless) and butt-ass-ugly with the cloth uppers attached. And for what Jeep charges for them, the "freebie" ought to be a lifetime membership in the BJ-of-the-month club.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Personally, I think half doors are useless in "half mode" (just man up and go doorless) and butt-ass-ugly with the cloth uppers attached. And for what Jeep charges for them, the "freebie" ought to be a lifetime membership in the BJ-of-the-month club.
I'd love to man up and go doorless, but part of being a man is being prepared and that includes preparing for all the idiots in my city that go around driving drunk/distracted and t-boning people. I'd like a little protection and some structure for the side airbag should anything happen. But I hear you on the price. The thought that my base Sport will get power doors, locks, and mirrors makes it more palatable. If I were starting with a higher trim, I'd be more upset at the price.

Sponsored

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
I ordered a Willys Sport Unlimited with the half doors. JLUR looks sweet with the top off and lower half doors on... like my TJ. I’ll take the extra protection from mud and trail trash thrown by the tires also. I didn’t really want the PW but I’ll take the PL & heated mirrors for no additional cost.

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Forester, 2011 Subaru Legacy GT
Do you get the power locks and windows with both the Base or Premium uppers?

I'm looking at leasing and the Willys Sport residual is 4% higher than the Sport S. The only thing for me that the Sport S has is the ability to add factory heated seats. That is, if the half doors gains you the powered doors.

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
Do you get the power locks and windows with both the Base or Premium uppers?

I'm looking at leasing and the Willys Sport residual is 4% higher than the Sport S. The only thing for me that the Sport S has is the ability to add factory heated seats. That is, if the half doors gains you the powered doors.
I received a build notice for my Willys Sport with half door kit (premium uppers w/hardtop) and it had the power windows, power door locks w/remotes & power/ heated mirrors listed. If your wanting a Wrangler without a lot of options you can’t beat the deal in my opinion. It was supposed to be built 2/3, so I just checked with Jeep Chat & they said it was built but waiting on optional equipment to be installed? I’m guessing the base chassis was built and now it’s waiting on Diesel engine and components.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@stonejl - One more question if you'd be so kind - does yours have an alarm system? I assume that the addition of the power door locks, key fob, etc. gives the Sport an alarm system but I'm not sure. I'm about to either get a base Sport + half doors or a Sport S depending on whether the half doors gain me the alarm too. Thanks!

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Forester, 2011 Subaru Legacy GT
I just thought of another question as well.

Does the half door option add the tailgate power unlock, or is it still manual?

Sponsored

OP
OP

stonejl

First Name
EH
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stonellp.com
Vehicle(s)
A36. Yukon Denali. GCWL. JLUR on order.
@stonejl - One more question if you'd be so kind - does yours have an alarm system? I assume that the addition of the power door locks, key fob, etc. gives the Sport an alarm system but I'm not sure. I'm about to either get a base Sport + half doors or a Sport S depending on whether the half doors gain me the alarm too. Thanks!
I’m not sure. How do I check?

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure. How do I check?
Thanks for being so helpful, but it turns out that the limited edition color I ended up ordering (High Velocity Yellow) didn't allow for half doors, oddly enough, so I was forced to skip them. I imagine if you had a working panic button, it would indicate the alarm though.