Sponsored

For Noobs...what have you learned

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
For Noobs...what have you learned
I learned today to remember to remove the JEEP center cap off the left front wheel when doing a 5-tire rotation BEFORE I wrestle that heavy a** sucker up to the spare tire mount and wondering for a second why it will not slide onto the lugs. :facepalm:

First tire rotation on my wife's 2020 Recon.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Are you really getting 12 mpg? That's a joke right?
Then either something is wrong with your jeep or you are driving it waayyyyy too aggressively.
Bro - I thought that my eyes were deceiving me when I get an average of 14.5 so yeah I don't think he is joking even though he only get 12 mpg.

I learned angry bird grills are a no no.
What the heck is angry bird grills? Are they they same as angry eyes grill - you know that you drive by some Jeep and the Jeep looks like it is constantly in bad mood.

I've learned that patience is required, with so many parts, accessories, etc. being out of stock or not yet available for the JL.
I've learned how to drive leisurely... forget about 0-60 in anything less than a minute.
I've learned just how heavy a steel front bumper can be.
I've learned that making your own modifications is extremely satisfying.
I've learned that "driving naked" is fantastic either way you interpret it.
I've learned that if you want answers to questions and helpful tips, this is the place. These guys/gals know more than my dealer and have always come thru for me.
I've learned that an owner's manual can be over 600 pages.
I've learned that FCA likes a good April Fool's joke and can be a bunch of sneaky m'fer's... see all the threads regarding the off-road pages.
I've learned to stop looking at posts & pictures about what people have done TO their Jeep JL today. Needless to say, I'm not a fast learner...see next line.
I've learned that Wrangler ownership can be an expensive (yet fun) addiction.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-much-money-have-you-wasted-so-far.14001/page-2

This being my first Wrangler as well, the only thing I'd have done differently would have been to get one much sooner.
Whoaaaa Marc that was super poetic!!! Man, I second all the things you said!!

Having said that - I learned that .....

I HATE ESS WITH PASSION!!!! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!!!!

I hate it that Jeep/FCA does not give me an option to turn ESS off and that stayed turned off! I hate it that when I sometimes forgot to push the button and when I stop, the engine died. It is like my awesome Jeep have some depression problem and ESS is like an anti depressant SSRI type of drug. Many times I was riding my in Jeep, feeling euphoric and feels like that indescribable joyous feeling like I am about to CLIMAX (yes... yes..... yes.... YESSSS..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:) suddenly ESS kicked in when I am at an intersection and the engine spluttered (no... nooo... NOOOOO!!!) and died :surprised: and .... and.... well you know. :angry: :angry: :angry: Whatta buzzkill!!! :facepalm:

And NO I am not going to install a dongle or removing some cable off my aux battery to compensate for all that.

And having say all that I really love my Jeep with passion.

I hate ESS!
Sponsored