Have you added up what you have spent on your JL

JLBrudy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door JK, 2022 2 Door JL, 2023 Gladiator
I make it a point to not keep track because it's hard to put a value on the miles and the smiles my Jeep brings.
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Have you added up how much you have spent on wifey or the kids? Jeeps are cheaper :)
Between my 2 ex-wives the Jeep is nothing. Those bitches took me for everything. Then my 2 daughters, who I love very much, constantly need something. One is 24 and the other is 20. I wear socks with holes in them, and donate plasma to save for upgrades as my ex's walk around with Louis Vuitton purses, and other expensive shit.

racerdude90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I asked a buddy of mine about a mod I wanted for my Jeep, if he thought it was a waste of money. He (a jeep enthusiast) said ā€œjust owning a jeep is a waste of money. have funā€
liberating words

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Between my 2 ex-wives the Jeep is nothing. Those bitches took me for everything. Then my 2 daughters, who I love very much, constantly need something. One is 24 and the other is 20. I wear socks with holes in them, and donate plasma to save for upgrades as my ex's walk around with Louis Vuitton purses, and other expensive shit.
Move the decimal point to the right when talking ex-wife.

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Iā€™m not sure if your comment above is all true, all false, or somewhere in between. But there is definitely something to this - I feel ya.

The saying ā€œitā€™s cheaper to keep herā€ holds true for a lot of folks these days, myself included, as my first marriage ended after five years and was not easy to get out of financially. But, what is your happiness worth in the end? At this point, I look back and wish Iā€™d just met my current wife sooner vs the first one - wouldā€™ve saved a lot of money and aggravation for sure!

Good luck, and if you want, I can help you buy a new pack of tube socks. šŸ‘

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I know I spend more on traveling with my Jeep than I spend on my Jeep.

Some persecutive. I have spent about $9000 on tires in about 5 years. Tires take us places..... As we gear up to leave for Alaska, I figure the trip will be about 15,000 miles over 3+ months. I usually replace my tires at or about 45,000 to 50,000 miles. New tires for the Jeep are about $2300 then add in about $60 for balancing beads, $50 for bead lock bolts, $36 to break down the tires, to make it easier for me to mount the new tires..... We end up at about $2500 for a set of new tires on the Jeep after tax and what not. That means It will cost me about $750 in tire wear to do the trip. Of course the price could go up if I damaged a tire.

I am probably over $30,000 in Jeep mods and upgrades with ease. That is equal to about 7 to 9 months of our jeep travels.

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

I do, my wife doesn't
happy jeep happy life

wait, did I get something wrong? lol

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i've spent more than half what i paid for my J**p new on upgrades/mods, but that was always the plan.

it's now pretty close to exactly what i wanted when i started, and is a major part of many of my best experiences.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
i've spent more than half what i paid for my J**p new on upgrades/mods, but that was always the plan.

it's now pretty close to exactly what i wanted when i started, and is a major part of many of my best experiences.
Yup, I knew when I decided to buy my Jeep that there would be a bunch of money spent. Heck I had about $6000 worth of stuff bought before I even ordered the Jeep.

I remember my wife coming home and seeing the tires mounted on the bead lock wheels and her saying I guess we are getting a Jeep for sure now......
Sponsored