Foolish salesperson

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
"Foolish salesperson" for not speaking in gen Z acronym speak, that's hilarious šŸ˜†
Try dating one, then suddenly you feel old while dating a someone who barely speaks the same language.
Sponsored

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Maybe he assumed you meant JLURHD which is the closest Jeep comes to using the acronym you rattled offā€¦ whatā€™s funny is you and the sales guys both walked away thinking the other was an idiotā€¦.
9B808395-5749-4CFB-9A49-320C7B6DA183.jpeg
Haha. Yup. That's probably why the first salesperson in the original post asked about right side drive. Everyones comes out a winner thinking the other doesn't know what they're talking about.

LOL.. LMAO. What a noob. Acronyms are overrated. They save you minimal time.

But seriously, communication is about information exchange, and helping the other side understand is integral to that. Using acronyms as a "test" for product knowledge is weak. Sometimes, people can be very knowledgeable but use different terms to describe the same thing.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo after reading this entire thread I now know I own a JLUM.

Who knew? (Not me).

"Sorry Sir, this is a Wendys..."

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Love how the OP calls sales people foolish then writes "loosing" instead of "losing". :LOL:

I find myself more aware of the vehicle as a potential buyer in almost every instance of visiting a dealership. They are there to make the sale and sell numerous types of vehicles so I don't expect them to be SME's (subject matter experts) in any one particular vehicle.

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I could care less if my salesperson knows nothing about what I am purchasing. Iā€™ve done all of my research prior to purchasing anyway, so chances are I know way more about the product than them. I donā€™t need to be ā€œsoldā€, I just need someone to be competent enough to handle my transaction. That is all a car salesperson is these days anyway. They are the liaison between the consumer and the sales management. They arenā€™t running numbers or getting you approved. Chastising someone because they donā€˜t know what a JLURD is says more about you than it does about them.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
did you really ask for a JLURD? Unless youā€™re on forums thatā€™s not a common phrase. Perhaps 4 door rubicon diesel would be a better start?
My thought exactly. WTF?

The incompetence of Jeep owners is becoming staggering. There was a guy the other day complaining because the dealership wouldn't rotate his 100 lbs. per corner 35" tires and custom wheels for him under the free Jeep Wave benefit.

Maybe I just don't get it because I didn't grow up in this current generation, I don't know. It blows my mind though...

SteveFinn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting-Gray Sport S, former TJ owner
Kudos to the guy for even knowing that you could get a right-hand drive model. My philosophy is that If I don't know more about the vehicle than the salesperson I haven't done my homework.

Best car salesman story I have......I was riding along as my Mom test drove a Hyundai sedan about ten years ago....I couldn't believe the amount of features in an inexpensive car when the salesman told her the wipers had an 'intimate setting'

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Kudos to the guy for even knowing that you could get a right-hand drive model. My philosophy is that If I don't know more about the vehicle than the salesperson I haven't done my homework.

Best car salesman story I have......I was riding along as my Mom test drove a Hyundai sedan about ten years ago....I couldn't believe the amount of features in an inexpensive car when the salesman told her the wipers had an 'intimate setting'
You mean you could use the wipers to set the mood??? šŸ¤£

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
I would never call a dealer and ask if they have any Jeep models in stock that I might want to see, or drive. I do go to there websites and check out there inventories and see what they might have, do note this, there websites may, or may not be correct, but it's a start. I will call an ask for an internet person, they usually have better knowledge of the inventory and in most cases they can make deals, where sales persons are just a go between to the sales manger. Most internet sales persons have inventory sheets and on order sheets to give you the information they have available to them, where sales personal are pretty helpless here and have to visit the sales mgr. All being said, just trying to save both money and time in buying a vehicle, which is not easily done today.
I've always thought the answer is always "yes, Yes we have what you are looking for on the lot!" So I never bothered to call because they just want to get you there? I'm just thinking the sales approach to this.

thereisonly1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I suppose the OP could be just trolling? No one takes the acronyms so seriously that they would berate someone on the phone? I suppose there are people out there that would go full *karen* on someone over the phone about an acronym, but then to then post about it online?

I call troll post all day long on this one.