Sponsored

Fog lights on with the high beams mod.

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Hello everyone. I have a 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with the OEM steel bumpers and LED lighting. The OEM headlights and fog lights are both really good. However, I just ordered some KC Hilites Gravity LED G4 fog lights. With those fog lights I would like to be able to turn them on whenever I want, including when I have my high beams on. Is there a mod that I can do that will make it to where I can do those things?

Here is a link to the fog lights that I have coming in.

https://www.kchilites.com/gravity-r...rubicon-moab-jt-rubicon-steel-bumper-504.html

Thanks,
Jay
Sponsored

Jasper519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
JLscan has an option to turn off the ‘fog light drop’, leaves them on while high beams are on.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there a mod that I can do that will make it to where I can do those things?
You need a Tazer or JSCAN to program the vehicle to disable Fog Dropout. This will allow the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.

If the KCs aren’t replacing the factory fog lights, then just wire them up to a switch that can activate them when the vehicle is running.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Did you get the trailer package? If so, use one of the auxiliary switches for the new lights. If not, do what JLUDave said above.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@J.Ralston

Unlike with the "JK" there is no easy/free hack that will give you fogs with brights on a JL.

Yes, you can use a Tazer JL or JSCAN to get this for you. IF all you want is to enable fogs with high beams then do go with JSCAN... but can tell you the Tazer JL may be the best way to go for you on this, if you also want to deal with the JL's Stop/Start. JSCAN does not deal with StopStart so....

In your posts you mention you want the ability to turn you new lights on "whenever I want, including".... ... I'd want to know if your JL has the Aux switches that come with the tow package before I comment further on how to proceed/what you should do.

About JSCAN.... check around with your local Jeep club/ fellow local Jeeper's. Lots of Guys/Gals already have JSCAN and they can do the turn on for fogs with high beams for you easily/within minutes. You will just have to get a JCAN license ($30+-) and use their bypass and their Wi-Fi OBD2 Scanner Scan Tool. Give the guy/gal and few bucks to offset the price they paid for the hardware.

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Thank you everyone for the advice and help. I will look into the Tazer and/or Jscan options. I do have the towing package with the 4 Aux buttons but already have those buttons spoken for with other lights coming in as well as my Warn Zeon 12-S winch coming in soon.
Sponsored