Focal audio system upgrade for JLU?

Cuc717

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mojave
Finally pulled the trigger on a sting gray JLU Moab! Super pumped to be getting it (getting shipped over from California). Audio is a big deal for me so I was wondering what you all would recommend in terms of upgrading the audio system (keeping the stock headunit). I am looking at an all Focal system, but am open to all suggestions! I prefer overall clarity and separation as opposed to skull-shaking madness, but do like a bit of bass at times.

I was thinking about starting with these and basing the system around them:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ES100K/Focal-ES-100K.html

Let me know what you all think!
Sponsored

WashParkJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Finally pulled the trigger on a sting gray JLU Moab! Super pumped to be getting it (getting shipped over from California). Audio is a big deal for me so I was wondering what you all would recommend in terms of upgrading the audio system (keeping the stock headunit). I am looking at an all Focal system, but am open to all suggestions! I prefer overall clarity and separation as opposed to skull-shaking madness, but do like a bit of bass at times.

I was thinking about starting with these and basing the system around them:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ES100K/Focal-ES-100K.html

Let me know what you all think!
Focal is expensive but sounds great. I had a custom install in an Audi TT and one of their upgraded speaker systems in a VW GTI. Both sounded Amazing.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hertz Milli are nice as well, I’m very happy with them.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Hard to beat Focal. I have their speakers and I am very pleased with the sound quality.

OP
OP

Cuc717

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for some of the feedback everyone! I have not been able to decide between the KRX2's or the Utopias 165W-XPs. Is it worth the difference in price point?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cuc717

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, would anyone know how big of an impact using sound deadening material on either the floor or doors make on audio quality/help with road noise? I already have the hardtop headliners, but was curious as to whether or not these options were worth it.

Woodbridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hi Cuc717......I use sound Deadening material in every car I have owned for years. Did my 2020 Rubicon. I used Be-Quiet material. US made. Based in Denver CO.
Stkh6WvYR7SjgHFjQFSE9w.jpg
Sponsored