Goose Gear Plate System for the JL

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
The Goose Gear Plate System with 60/40 seat delete option is finally available for the Jeep JLU Wrangler. Mine is on order with the kitchen box.

Stealth camping, sleeping in the Jeep, and beaucoup storage space for long trips.

Goose Gear

C5729398-B589-405F-B94A-F69F663AB3BD.jpeg

1856F3D9-4FDB-41FC-9D6F-41349CA48A0A.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I wish Goosegear made a platform for those of us who cant delete the rear seats and that it could sit above them when folded down. I know someone DIy'd version like that but its not for sale. Goosegear could expand their customer base.

OP
OP
American Adventurist

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I wish Goosegear made a platform for those of us who cant delete the rear seats and that it could sit above them when folded down. I know someone DIy'd version like that but its not for sale. Goosegear could expand their customer base.
I bet they can make whatever you want, call and ask :)

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
The Goose Gear Plate System with 60/40 seat delete option is finally available for the Jeep JLU Wrangler. Mine is on order with the kitchen box.

Stealth camping, sleeping in the Jeep, and beaucoup storage space for long trips.

Goose Gear

C5729398-B589-405F-B94A-F69F663AB3BD.jpeg

1856F3D9-4FDB-41FC-9D6F-41349CA48A0A.jpeg
Did you order through the closest dealer or did you call them directly?

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I always wanted one of these until I actually realized they are nothing more than plywood for a grand.

OP
OP
American Adventurist

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I always wanted one of these until I actually realized they are nothing more than plywood for a grand.
LOL

Yeah, so go right ahead and bust out your jigsaw and have at a 4x8 sheet of ply. Make sure you post side by side pics when you’re done.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
They have that exact option now. I’m planning on ordering soon.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
They have that exact option now. I’m planning on ordering soon.
Where? Its not showing up on the Jeep JL portion of their website. I know they have one for 4Runners but not the JL.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Where? Its not showing up on the Jeep JL portion of their website. I know they have one for 4Runners but not the JL.
Sorry I was just referring to the 1st part about not having to remove your seats. Not on the plate to go over the folded down seats. I’m just getting the shorter one that still allows you to keep the seats in.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
Sorry I was just referring to the 1st part about not having to remove your seats. Not on the plate to go over the folded down seats. I’m just getting the shorter one that still allows you to keep the seats in.
oh ok. Dang. You got my hopes up. :party:

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
My bracket was delivered today, installed it albeit with some hiccups.

The bracket directions were alright? Just an outline of the finished product. One of the nuts they sent was the wrong size. The bigger nut is supposed to be a 1/2 - 20 but I was sent a 1/2 -13 and I was about ready to mess up my bolt before I decided to just go try and find a replacement bolt. Ended up having to order it off Amazon.

Didn't purchase the actually goosegear plate system, but I'm going to diy platform this weekend.
IMG_20190311_172534_439.jpg
IMG_20190311_171621.jpg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
42C8A5A5-7791-4B91-9724-20A73AD38990.jpeg
I did this. It’s not a raised platform with storage, but it took a half-hour, cost me nothing, and allows me to sleep in the Jeep, which was my objective. 50 cal ammo cans in the floorboards are the perfect height to support the front. All my tools and recovery gear, including axe, saw, shovel and Hi-lift fit underneath.
I’m going to paint it black and call it good.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
42C8A5A5-7791-4B91-9724-20A73AD38990.jpeg
I did this. It’s not a raised platform with storage, but it took a half-hour, cost me nothing, and allows me to sleep in the Jeep, which was my objective. 50 cal ammo cans in the floorboards are the perfect height to support the front. All my tools and recovery gear, including axe, saw, shovel and Hi-lift fit underneath.
I’m going to paint it black and call it good.
Very nice! Good work.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Very nice! Good work.
Thanks! I’m pleased. I just used that particle board because I had it, to see how it worked. I’ll probably spring for a half-sheet of good plywood, now that I’m sure it works well. Or not.
Oh, and those 2 black spots are the factory nuts on the welded-in seat mounting studs. Didn’t really need to hold it down, but those uncapped studs would be gougy at night, I reckon.
1/2” is the right thickness to blend with floor, and plenty stout.
Oh, and NO mods to Jeep. I could be back to stock in a half-hour.
One more thing: I’m glad now that my floor isn’t several inches higher. I just sat upright in the back. The top of my head is ~3” from the hardtop. I’m 5’11” tall.
If you’ve ever waited out a 2 day storm in a backpacking tent, you know how much it means to be able to sit up straight.
Sponsored

Last edited: