Sponsored

Flying rocks! Updates on protection.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Researched around and seem to only find comments going back to 2019. Question is, have there been newer products in 2020 that aid in protecting paint and flares from flying rocks? I have a 2020 Rubi JL and installed Raptor Side Steps coupled with front Weathertec Splash Guards. As I only have 2k miles on my Jeep this combo seems to have prevented some dings on the rear plastic flares. I have some every minor nicks in the paint. Does anyone have experience with the Rokblokz Mud Flaps? I’ve read and watched videos on them but can’t tell weather the length of them has better coverage than my existing Weathertecs. Perhaps some have more recent solutions for protection they can share. Below is a pic from the back of my Jeep. You can see that width wise they cover the stock tire fine. I’m just wondering if the length were an inch or two longer it would solve the issue even better. Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Flying rocks! Updates on protection. 1592959315102
Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My rear painted flairs came stock with some kind of clear plastic (3m?) film protection...

maybe you can buy just that part and it will stick? Or maybe it doesnt stick to plastic thus they only put it on the painted flair option...

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I cut and applied pieces of paint protection film to the hinges. I did that on my JK also and never received any pits on the hinges. A little tedious but it’s cheap, easy, and effective.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I realize it’s impossible to prevent all dings and chips( you have to know that going in to owning a Jeep).. I’m just curious if the front mud flaps I have bow( Weathertec) which look great by the way... are the best in terms of overall protection vs the Rokblokz .
Sponsored