brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine got nailed on the way to NC for vacation from OH. My wife called Insurance Company on while on the road immediately and set up for Safelite to come to our vacation house the following week. Replaced it with OEM Mopar glass at no cost to us as long as we used Safelite (approved insurance vendor). The bill was like $738. ouch. At least it took 34k on the odometer for my first one to break. If it would have been less than an inch higher it really would have messed up the windshield frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL First windshield in the books.... IMG_1122.JPG

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Well just had my first windshield replaced with gorilla glass. Very interesting gorilla glass has a little jeep in the bottom right corner and on the left side by the driver you got a big gorilla head the word Gorilla and all the other accompanying statements like acoustic also the word jeep etc. was Done by precision glass. Took less than twenty minutes and was a professional job. Of course here in Fl thereā€™s no cost.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
On my thrid windshield and need a new one now. I am thinking about biting the bullet and ordering a gorilla glass or the KPGlass

Jeep Wrangler JL First windshield in the books.... 1628622423301

Sponsored

jbannick18

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
We just call it the Colorado crack :LOL:. Think my windshield lasted 2 weeks before it got cracked. I'll generally just leave it, my insurance doesn't cover it like it did in Florida years ago

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
On my thrid windshield and need a new one now. I am thinking about biting the bullet and ordering a gorilla glass or the KPGlass

Jeep Wrangler JL First windshield in the books.... 1628622423301
Hmm, thanks for the info, never heard of the KP glass, have to do some research. Thanks. Looks like the Gorilla glass is making its way into the hands of the Safelites of the world, see what I wind up with on Friday when they do mine. I was going to call and ask but figured that would have just been an upcharge for sure.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Ok, Im biting, what is the stick for?
It's my first spring with the Jeep. This is my first Jeep and that Spring/Summer my wife and I started running fire pits in the yard. We were already pretty outdoorsy, but the Jeep doors off/handling/capabilities/etc has taken it to another level. There was a member here on the forums who said when he first started wheeling (30+ years ago) they would grab a branch/stick early on their trail adventures and use it to see how deep water obstacles were. He would wedge it between his spare tire on for the trip and leave it behind at the end. I thought it was a cool story. I put the stick on their before his post and I guess my picture jogged his memory.

TLDR: I didn't want a light bar + the gap looked weird and I thought it looked cool. If you see Sticks on Jeeps...you saw it here in this application first. :)

Jollyā€™s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Just took my second hit coming back from Florida. This will be my 2nd windshield in 2 monthsā€¦Jeep is only 3 months old šŸ˜‚

Went a total of 6 years between my 2015, 2018, and 2020 Gladiator without having to replace oneā€¦guess Iā€™m making up for it now.

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
It's my first spring with the Jeep. This is my first Jeep and that Spring/Summer my wife and I started running fire pits in the yard. We were already pretty outdoorsy, but the Jeep doors off/handling/capabilities/etc has taken it to another level. There was a member here on the forums who said when he first started wheeling (30+ years ago) they would grab a branch/stick early on their trail adventures and use it to see how deep water obstacles were. He would wedge it between his spare tire on for the trip and leave it behind at the end. I thought it was a cool story. I put the stick on their before his post and I guess my picture jogged his memory.

TLDR: I didn't want a light bar + the gap looked weird and I thought it looked cool. If you see Sticks on Jeeps...you saw it here in this application first. :)
Well, now I need a stick damn it!! Great story.

Sponsored

AZ Great White

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
I made just over 4 months and only 3200 miles, Arizona is very tough on windshields.
I would like to try the gorilla glass so hopefully it will be a option with Farmerā€™sšŸ™„

D4CE472B-8AF5-4605-A9D1-257088FC1792.jpeg

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I joined the club several weeks ago - putting in new glass from a discount installer several of my Jeeping buddies have used successfully. The replacement looks like factory glass except no little Jeep in the corner - $199 installed. I have 12,000 miles on my rideā€¦.

Deleted member 59498

Had mine replaced 2 weeks ago by Safelite. They had the 1941 willys in the corner windshield. May not mean much to some but I wanted the OEM with my little willys! 50 dollar deductible with my insurance is only a few bucks more than 500 and we all know with Wranglers any pebble is going to crack that basically flat window.