Sponsored

First Aid Kit Contents

Robtdcarr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 2015 Ford Explorer. 2005 HD Softail Deuce. 2017 VW Passat.
A lot of great first aid suggestions. Thank you all!

Curious why no one has disposable ice packs listed? They are pretty inexpensive and work well in my experience with bumps and bruises.
Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
No one has a one way cpr mask on the list either. I have one of those, but I share the kit between jeep and the boat where water recovery is more likely.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of great first aid suggestions. Thank you all!

Curious why no one has disposable ice packs listed? They are pretty inexpensive and work well in my experience with bumps and bruises.
Eh...for myself they’re more trouble than they’re worth. Take up valuable space. Have to be careful they don’t get squished and get activated. Can’t think of one reason I’d use one out in the wild. Most recent sports medical research shows no conclusive evidence icing an injury really helps in the long run. Mainly good for pain.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
No one has a one way cpr mask on the list either. I have one of those, but I share the kit between jeep and the boat where water recovery is more likely.
I have one. But I just basically have a duplicate of my training kit in my car and will be transferred to my Jeep once it’s in. Just on a much smaller scale. Heck sometimes I even have an AED with me. I probably have more than I actually need with me realistically. Just the “be-prepared for emergencies” side of me that makes it hard to not have the things at hand. Lol

Last edited:

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
I steered clear of the basic stuff: the bandaids and ibuprofen type things. My wife usually has these in her purse. I figured my IFAK should be for serious stuff only. Here’s my contents:
CAT TQ (I think gen II or later you can deploy it on yourself)
Israeli Bandage
Z Pack dressing
Clotting sponge
Chest seal
Handful of 4x4s
A couple 2” rolled gauze
SAM splint (I know I can just use sticks/cravats but it was free)
It all goes into a cheap rip-away MOLLE pouch I stow on an MPS fender panel.
I may add a couple decompression needles later but am hesitant as I’m only licensed to practice in Ohio.

This is a good list, like someone else said, add a trumpet and at least 1 more TQ. I also have a rescue hook available, I keep one attached to my kit at work, and i can tell you its amazing how fast you can cut thru clothes,boots, etc.

My other advice would be don't order these things from eBay or third party sellers from amazon. Especially with Tq's there is a big market for fakes, have to make sure you are getting them from a reputable source, like North American Rescue.
Sponsored

Last edited: