Finally Made the Tough Call...

Pieper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited 2.0
Brand new to Wranglers and the forum - can't wait to hang out and learn more about these amazing vehicles!

I've spent the last 6 years making upgrades to a beautiful 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. But - as the story goes - I'm a new dad, and time and convenience are worth their weight in gold to me now. While I know I'll never have another vehicle like the FJ60 - I finally decided it was not the right fit for my life anymore. I just need to able to wake up early before the family, hit the trail, and then get home for work with a modern peace of mind. With below ideal gas mileage, lack of modern 'niceties', and lots of blood, sweat and tears given over the years - I sadly knew it was time to say goodbye. TOUGH decision. But Goldie Honk (that's her name...play off my childhood crush) will be up for sale on Bring a Trailer very soon - and she's going to make someone very, very happy. She's honestly damn near perfect.

*Disclaimer - I'm not a 'Toyota guy' or a 'Jeep guy'....I just like cool stuff that looks great (and that can back up their looks with performance)!

So anyway I was looking at a bunch of different trucks, SUVs, etc...wondering what in the hell could take her place. Then thank God my eyes turned toward Wranglers. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Of course! So now I'm the owner of a 2019 JLU 2.0 and cannot wait for the good times ahead. I live just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville, NC - and this fall is going to be full of top / doors off cruising on those majestic roads. The 2.0 Turbo is going to cure me of my MPG anxiety, and of course give me plenty of prowess off-road. I'm starting with a base Sport (remember...I got a new kid $$) - but I'm already lining up the future upgrades.

Thanks for all of your enthusiasm, knowledge and community here. I definitely hung out in the background of this forum learning all that I could before deciding to make the switch. And also thanks in advance for dealing with my newbie questions that will surely come up. I'm stoked to be a part of a larger thing with these Jeeps, and I'll see you on the trail. Really glad to be here :)

PS - one more fun fact. I'm currently out in Montana visiting my wife's family. We drove our 'family car' RAV4 out here. Then I found a great deal on the used 2019 Wrangler...exactly what I wanted. So now we are driving two cars back home ha! *That's my bother and father in-law in the last pic, gearing up for some fishing in the Montana wilderness.

- Eric

Jeep Wrangler JL Finally Made the Tough Call... Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.07.06 PM

View attachment 359692
View attachment 359695
View attachment 359696

View attachment 359680

Jeep Wrangler JL Finally Made the Tough Call... Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.07.14 PM

View attachment 359684

View attachment 359685

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.07.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.07.46 PM.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that FJ is really nice! I've done the Blue Ridge in all my Jeeps, including the YJ, JK, and now the JL. LOVE it!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Congratz and welcome to the fold!!

Red Rock N Roll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
International Quality Control Manager
Nice looking Jeep, let the fun begin!!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Welcome and congratulations on your new Jeep and baby! Gorgeous FJ60! I’ll be looking out for it on BAT (my favorite diversion :)).

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
As they say on BaT...GLWS!

OP
OP

Pieper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited 2.0
Hey all - so my 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 just went up on Bring a Trailer a few days ago. Figured I'd post the listing here - as you all were helpful on my initial post about jumping ship into a Wrangler :)

If you know anyone interested - please share this link! I need a good sale to help pay off this Jeep! I have no business with two cars right now - thanks!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-toyota-land-cruiser-fj60-67/
Sponsored